What's new

Review of Papa Ele Ele Puu Puu

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

Here at the Kava Kitchens, we have been working tirelessly to come up with recipes. This morning I was warming up some Cranberry juice and loading it up with Micronized and Instant Vanuatu. I also had time to make a batch of Papa Ele Ele Puu Puu root from GHK. I'm not good at doing the 1-5 rating thing but here is how it went:

First some facts. This Kava has a chemotype of 463251. According to the GHK Web site, the Kavalactones can run from 15 to 20 percent. This is one of the highest of the dozen or so they sell. Here is the recipe.

1 17 oz can of Coconut Water.
6 Oz of Water.
.75 cup of Papa Ele Ele Puu Puu
Heat up liquid to about 130 degrees.
Blended it 3 times in my Vitamix.
Dumped into the Strainer.
Another 5 minutes of Kneading (hey, it's already in the strainer so why not)
Yield a 16 oz bottle with some liquid left over.

Add 4 oz of water to the Leftovers.
Squeeze the ever loving life out of it, maybe 4 times. But I literally wring it dry when I knead.
Result was a 7-8 oz. second wash. Perfect. I will review this.

The Kava is light colored, like very llight chocolate mik.
The taste is very mellow as well. I put a spoon of Frozen Colada mix in there because that is what Mixologists do. I'm actually sipping it but with no ice. My whole throat is numb and my ears are ringing. That's how my body says, me likey.

This is a very heady Kava for sure. I'm a big fan of Solomons and PEEPP reminds of that. This is going to be a good daytime Kava for me but I'm going to have to be careful with the dosage. I would have to do some kind of side by side comparison but PEEPP might even be more potent than Solomons. I don't feel anything in the body but I never do with any Kava. That's why I don't use the rating system. I'm beginning to think that all Hawaiian Kavas are high in Kavain because I felt the instant Mo'i was also very heady. But honestly, there is probably nothing more potent than the actual drink from root powder and this one delivered.

Bottom line is that I like this Kava.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.