What's new

Powdered Kava Review Root of Happiness - Solomon 1/2

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Really really enjoying this so far. Found out I live a little under 10 minutes away from one of their bars, so cancelled an order I'd just placed online and drove down to them. They'd run out of the Samoan, but variety never hurt anyone, so I went with this and their house Vanuatu. Glad I grabbed this. The grind is SUPER fine. Usually I'll do an initial sift, but couldn't find my 70 micron bag, and this was so powdered I decided against using the 120 or 90 micron bag. Good thing, too. Out of a half cup dry I probably had something like 2 dense tbsp of leftovers after straining, and it was extremely fine stuff. The taste is surprisingly light for what it is. Definite bitterness, but not the strong pepper I expected. It definitely numbs up your mouth and throat pretty good. The effects are quick to take hold in your mind and begin as a familiar warmth and pressure behind the eyes and in the temples. I actually got a ringing in my ears (although I drank the first 3 or 4 shells pretty close to one another). The body effects crept up, leaving my fingers a little less coordinated, and my arms and legs less eager to jump up out of my chair, and absolutely melted my previously sore neck and mid-back. It also killed some nagging anxiety I had through the day. So far, doesn't seem to be much of a tranquilizer, though. I partially bought it FOR that so I am a little disappointed, there, but man everywhere else I am more than happy. For the price it's a great value, I would have gladly paid more. It could definitely be my body chemistry, but it seems nice and potent with minimal negative effects. I have an iron gut for kava, though and I hope somebody else confirms that as well. Anyways, I'll be comparing it to the Vanuatu, soon, as it seems to he the other potential "bang for the buck" variety they carry.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
I agree with you completely lol. Surprised at the negative reviews on Amazon but hey, it's Amazon. Wider variety of experience with Kava there.