What's new

Roots & Pestle SILESSE LIMITED EDITION TRADITIONAL TRADITIONAL GRIND POWDER REVIEW

Snortle

First up I’m a total newb, I have only tried the Fijikava instant from the supermarket here in Australia. As others have shared their experiences with fijikava I tend to agree with others comments it was quite mild, pretty bad tasting and requires a lot to start to feeling anything cerebral. What I will say for it it’s convenient and was a gateway into the kava world and did provide a feeling of calm and wellbeing.

So to my review of the Roots and Pestle Silesse traditional.
I prepared the kava using the blender method.
4 tablespoons of kava.
600ml of hot tap water.
a dash of milk.
5 minutes in the blender
strained and chilled.

started off with four shells spaced 10 minutes apart. started off with a slow cerebral feeling washing down over the body by the forth shell I am feeling very relaxed with without much to compare the feeling to kind of sinking into the bed.
overall a lot stronger and more pleasant feeling than the fijikava.

Taste wise it is delicious compared to Fijikava earthy but not bitter floral notes and lovely aroma Almost herbaceous earth fruit is how I would describe it.
overall 2 thumbs up roots and pestle great product.
I will finish off the rest after the kids are in bed and update.
cheers

Last edited:

Snortle

Ok a couple of days later to finish the review.

So the effects were very pleasant, I was floating Around hanging out the washing and preparing dinner. if I were to describe the early onset it was kind of humming through the whole body with a pleasant euphoria cerebral head buzz.

After my initial 4 cups i had a small meal with the family and head a break for a couple of hours while getting the kids to sleep.
the effects tapered off after the meal and break. I can see why it’s recommended to partake on an empty stomach.
I finished of the batch in few shells spaced about 10 minutes apart, and settled onto the couch.
theeffect were not as strong as my initial session on an empty stomach but were very nice. I sank into the couch and enjoyed a full body buzz.
Didn't feel too heady and I was easily able to drift off into a deep sleep.The next morning I had no hangover.

Overall it was an awesome first dip into traditional grind world.
Roots&Pestle are a top notch company, great Communication after my initial order was unavailable, potent product and prompt delivery.
Will be purchasing from them again.
looking forward to finishing off my 500g bag over the next couple of months.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Ok a couple of days later to finish the review.

Overall it was an awesome first dip into traditional grind world.
Roots&Pestle are a top notch company, great Communication after my initial order was unavailable, potent product and prompt delivery.
Will be purchasing from them again.
looking forward to finishing off my 500g bag over the next couple of months.
I agree: Roots and Pestle is a very high quality company.