What's new

Searching for live Kava plant

goodtimecharlie

Kava Curious
Hey guys,

I am interested in growing a Kava plant. My goal isn't to become the next Kava farm, but rather to connect with this plant spirit deeper through caring for a cutting as a way of thanks.

Does anyone know where I could obtain a cutting? I love the idea of having one in my home with me. Thank you!

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
The only reliable source is logees.com
They sell potted plants a few months old, not cuttings. Due to the rarity of kava plants and their growing popularity in the US, Logees are more often than not, out of stock. Try contacting them and asking to be notified when they next get stock.

goodtimecharlie

Kava Curious
Thanks for your reply! I checked them out first after reading here on the forums. I added myself to the notification list for when they come back in stock. Seems like these cuttings are sold out everywhere lol.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Good luck! :)
BTW if you see kava plants advertised at other nurseries, make sure that they're Piper Methysticum. I've read anecdotes written by people who bought "kava" plants only to find out later that what they bought was Piper Auritum.

Piper Auritum, otherwise known as False Kava, is a weed that'll make you rue the day you planted it.

Last edited: