What's new

Senikaboa? Being sold at local Kava bar

Winterfr3sh

Kava Curious
Hey Kavaforums,
Has anybody heard of Senikaboa Kava Dealers?
It is being sold at a local Kava bar. I have not tried it yet.
I have not heard of Kadavu Kava yet, either.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It's looks like a bag of kava straight from a market in Fiji. Kadavu is a major kava growing island. Give it a shot, let us know how it is. How much are they charging and which bar is it at ?

Winterfr3sh

Kava Curious
They are selling it for $4 per 4oz shell, $7 for an 8oz shell.
It's a very new local place called Kickin' It With Kava.

They sell 100g for $20, and (get this) even sell it by the kilo! at $875

$20 for 100g is very expensive at $91/lb. The owner messaged me and has really talked it up, saying it's the world's best kava.
I will let you know how it goes when I try it. He has two varieties: Waka and Lawena

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro

$20 for 100g is very expensive at $91/lb. The owner messaged me and has really talked it up, saying it's the world's best kava.
I will let you know how it goes when I try it. He has two varieties: Waka and Lawena
If you got those prices right, they're insane!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover

Wow that's a little bit nuts. You were talking go the kava bar owner, right? Not the contact info on the bag?

Anyone in tried this brand in Suva, @John Bytell @kasa_balavu ? Looks great, just not at bar resale prices.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
If it's $20/100g surely the most it could possibly be for a kilo is $200, not $875?

At $875/kg it would be cheaper to fly to Fiji and go to the market yourself...

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
If it's $20/100g surely the most it could possibly be for a kilo is $200, not $875?

At $875/kg it would be cheaper to fly to Fiji and go to the market yourself...
Yeah the $875 didn't compute.

@kastom_lif Never heard of them, but looks like your bog standard Fiji kava dealer product catering to Pacific Islanders. You can ignore the claim of this being the best kava in the world because well... it's not :)

If you're lucky, it'll be like BestFijiKava which gets decent reviews.

Not to be politically incorrect, but it's cool to see an iTaukei (ethnic Fijian) kava exporter. That part of the Fijian kava industry is dominated by Fijians of Indian descent.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

@kastom_lif Never heard of them, but looks like your bog standard Fiji kava dealer product catering to Pacific Islanders. You can ignore the claim of this being the best kava in the world because well... it's not :)

Not to be politically incorrect, but it's cool to see an iTaukei (ethnic Fijian) kava exporter. That part of the Fijian kava industry is dominated by Fijians of Indian descent.
and often Sikh, I was surprised to discover

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

it looks like standard $90/kg Fijian that has been sitting in a warehouse on the wharf for a while. But it could be good, who knows?

A year ago I bought a kg of that wedding kava from taveuni, the stuff that tastes like how a wad of $20s smells. Not the best kava in the world but I found it does grow on you.