What's new

Side effects??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raginred

Kava Curious
i've noticed the following in the past week: my lips feel SO DRY... like i'm reaching for the chapstick several times a day. something i used to never do. my eyes are dry and itchy. i'm constantly rubbing them. it's almost like there's something in the air causing my eyes to burn. and i'm constipated (sorry for TMI). not as much as when i'm on pain meds, but enough to make it an issue.

i'm assuming all of these side effects are from the Kava?? i know getting all ichy can be an issue. and i feel like i'm dehydrated, but only in these three areas. i'm not itchy and scaly all over.

if i lay off the kava for a while, how long will it take for these side effects to subside?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Honestly I get that same thing, and it comes and goes even though I use kava every day. So I assume if you stop drinking kava for a few days and drink some coocnut water and maybe put some tea bags on your eyes ect. You'll be back to normal in no time.

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
I just started using kava about a month ago. At first, my lips got chapped. Then, I started getting kind of scaly feeling under my arms. Eventually the skin on my sides and back started getting red patches.

My lips started improving, the redness/scaliness under my arms and back went away. Currently, my worse problem is dry hands. I've started using latex gloves for kava prep. Oh, and my eyes get dry at times also. Usually just after drinking kava.

Overall, I think my body is adjusting to the kava. I keep some hand cream around for my lips and hands. Chapstick just wasn't cutting it! My lips are almost to the point where I don't need it though.

D

Deleted User01

When I first started Kava, I got dry lips and dry eyes too. I don't get it as much but I only do super noble kava and in moderation. I highly recommend you get a few of those little jars of Carmex Healing Lip Balm. Put one in your car too. Works like a champ and it's cheap.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Dry skin seems to be a normal side effect. Constipation is not. In fact Kava typically causes bowel movements which helps when you are also using painkillers/K*. Dry skin usually clears up within days to a week of stopping Kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.