What's new

Sinusitis after Kava consumption, anyone?

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
I guess my body just doesn't want no Kava no more. A personal reaction because of my autoimmune disorder or what not.

But I wonder if there are others, for whom this is common, that after a couple of days you get sinusitis?!

It started about a year ago (after having experience with kava for several years, with breaks in between).

And now it gets more and more. When I stop slowly the sinusitis stops also. I watched it so often. It seems to be related.

Anyone else?

I guess there is no solution besides stopping it.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I have similar issues. Recently, I saw an ENT who diagnosed me with a slight deviated septum and TMJ. Kava seems to thicken my mucus, worsening my symptoms. However, using Flonase, being mindful not to clench my jaw, doing mild jaw exercises, and improving my posture have all had positive effects. I believe kava exacerbates my allergy-induced histamine response, and I tend to clench my jaw after drinking a lot of kava. Now that I'm aware of this, I try to relax my jaw as much as possible, and it has helped.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
I have similar issues. Recently, I saw an ENT who diagnosed me with a slight deviated septum and TMJ. Kava seems to thicken my mucus, worsening my symptoms. However, using Flonase, being mindful not to clench my jaw, doing mild jaw exercises, and improving my posture have all had positive effects. I believe kava exacerbates my allergy-induced histamine response, and I tend to clench my jaw after drinking a lot of kava. Now that I'm aware of this, I try to relax my jaw as much as possible, and it has helped.
Great input! Thank you

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Use low intensity laser treatment for sinusitis. It is state of the art now in the partially post-antibiotic era.

Treated, no, cured myself and 2 patients with it successfully. 2 sessions were sufficient. Supported by science. I did not believe it initially but tried on myself and was "converted".

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Use low intensity laser treatment for sinusitis. It is state of the art now in the partially post-antibiotic era.

Treated, no, cured myself and 2 patients with it successfully. 2 sessions were sufficient. Supported by science. I did not believe it initially but tried on myself and was "converted".
I've got a 1.3 watt laser pointer, think that's enough?

;)