What's new

Powdered Kava Review Solomons Kava

blindy107

Kava Lover
Drank this in-house at Bula in PDX. Was not able to inspect the root in its raw form. That being said, the smell has a nice freshness to it. It has a bit more bite that I was expecting but I was told by Judd that they like to mix a little on the strong side. If I recall I had a pretty lengthy numbing period. Then, the ears went out. This had some of the most intense but short term ringing I've yet to experience. Pouni Ono would be the closest in recent memory.

Now after the wife and I had a few shells we sat back and lounged around the Bula house for a while, taking it all in. I found myself very entertained by other people's interactions. Regardless of the situation. I just felt very content to sit on a couch and observe...for a while. Then my hunger struck. I'm usually pretty chill when it comes to food and root but this stuff had me stalking down the streets for some nosh. Good thing there is no shortage of that in Portland

All in all if you need a nice heady root with great potential for mellowing than I suggest trying this. I plan on ordering some for a more detailed review in the future.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah man! We enjoyed it as well. This one is great for chattiness too.

Oh that damned Star Wars puzzle was missing pieces. Infinitely frustrating when rooted. ::awesomesmiles::

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
+1 For BKH kava bar experience!
Had a shell of 11 year, Nambawan, and Fiji Waka. Got nicey rooted off of these and had a nice conversation with bartender Chris about all things Kava.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Oh yeah...he's a chatty one. Taught me some stuff about kava that I subsequently forgot.
Late Saturday night there was a young lady working who was an absolute sweetheart. I didn't catch her name though.

Wonderful place to enjoy some shells. I was constantly impressed with the amount of people partaking. It was nice to see. Some dude even came in for a kava growler!