What's new

Powdered Kava Review Solomons

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
So after reading about some new kava's heading to the Bula Kava House, I already had a plan for ordering one of them on pay day :)
Having never ordered from them before, I decided it was only fair to give a vendor I haden't tried a chance, and I am glad I did!
First off for anyone that doesn't know, This kava comes to us from the Solomon island, I haven't seen alot of kava from these island so figured it could be somthing special,
Now in the description on their website they stated that this kava "comes on in waves" and that is one of the main things that drew me to this stuff!

So lets start from the begining :)
Opening the bag, it smelled strong...but sweet, earthy but peppery...
Kinda like a mix between stone' and pouni ono' in terms of smell...
With the first wiff of it I was like Damn this is strong stuff I bet!
So started out with just 1 level tablespoon because as I have stated before I am sort of a light weight.lol...
So after pre-paring the kava the traditinal way...with 10 minutes kneeding, strained it...
First thing I noticed was this stuff didn't have much left in the strainer!
About half or less what I normaly have left after kneeding so it for sure came out nice and easy in the water :)
Next thing I noticed was the color, normaly every kind looks an awful lot like hot coco.lol...
This stuff is different, had more of a darker, almost greenish tint to it...
I forgot to mention that when opening the bag, I noticed this powder was also different, the usual dust that flys out wasen't seen?
That told me this stuff still had slight moisture to it. It was fresh!

Now we come to taste and effects,
The taste was strong, just like I figured but...
It had this clean earthy taste that didn't have much of that pukey after taste of bad tasting kava! I am able to pound this stuff without a chaser! And that means alot concidering I hate the taste of kava...
It's hard to explain the taste but for the strength of this kava, it is easy to drink :)
So I drank 1/3 of the cup I made in few gulps...
Waited 4-5 minutes and drank another 1/3...and again 5 minutes and
Finished it off...in the course of 15 minutes,
Withen 10 minutes I started feeling it enter the blood stream!
Around 20 minutes all of my aches and pains were a thing of the past..
Body felt numb, kinda weightless and floaty :) All the cares had floated away between the 20-30 minute mark...
This stuff is amazing, case closed!
This is a clean heady kava with tons of power if needed...
I don't think it would take 8 tablespoons to get some members here in kavaland! To me it feels kinda like the Pouni Ono but stronger...
From the 30 minute mark, through the next few hours your mind is heighten. In a slightly different way then the kava I have been drinking... It gives a nice solid heady buzz, very clear, almost slightly spirtual...makes you feel one with your suroundings and earth and the same time,
Smiled my way from 20 mins..till the 4 hour mark :)
A great bliss-fullness overtakes your body and mind, this is the kind of kava you could drink everyday and be content, and happy...

Overall, this is some grade A kava! It ozzes kavalactones into the water,and from the greenish tint to the water. To the smell texture and taste of this kava, It is probably the freshest kava I'v had...
I did send a sample of this new solomons island kava to our freind
Deleted User, so hopfully he can get it tested and let us know the results of this amazing kava....
I would rate this at a solid 9.5 out of 10 and if your into heady clean fresh kavas. Give it a shot!

Last edited:

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you Judd Rench and Bula Kava House for bringing us this root! Looking forward to upping the dose next time for sure..but even at 1 table spoon its about on par with 2 tsp of instant powder! Great stuff for sure :)
Oh and after 2-3 hours it slowly brings you back down into a nice sedated feeling making it easy to fall asleep and relax...
I do agree though, it does come in waves of euphoria, and care free bliss every 5-10 minutes and thats why I would like to up the dose more to feel the waves! :)

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Yes stronger but all kava's are different for the most part..lol, and kava from different parts of the world is no different, dnt get me wrong...I love pouni ono, it taste great, feels even better and gives amazingly clear heady buzzing for hours :)
This new solomons is like pouni ono in ways. But there both great in there own way...I said it was stronger simply for the facf that I'v had 2 tbsp of pouni ono....and the solomons felt very simular from 1 tbsp...but not quite as strong of course....there both A+ in my book :)

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
I forgot to mention that when opening the bag, I noticed this powder was also different, the usual dust that flys out wasen't seen?
That told me this stuff still had slight moisture to it. It was fresh!
It sounds good, but kava powder should not have any moisture or dampness--that would make mold grow..
I have encountered some kavas that are kind of compressed (or in one case vacuum sealed) that are more solid like that. Maybe it was compressed by other stuff in the mailbox or something. If it was actually damp, contact Judd, because that would be a problem.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
No its for sure not damp...I was just trying to explain that the powder is more...not sure which word to use lol...its dry powder for sure, it just has a unique feel to it,it doesn't at all feel moist I just didnt know how to explain that it doesn't have the fly up of dust like most kava powders.....defintly fresh and perfect :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Thanks for the review, @Bradley666. This is really a great kava. Like I said, very possibly the best I've tried in a long time.

@verticity As Bradley said, definitely not damp at all. There is a noticeable difference between say 6% and 9% moisture in a powder but both are safe and do not generally encourage the growth of molds.

Anyway, looking forward to more reviews to see if most other drinkers agree with Bradley and me. Keep 'em coming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ya I'm not at all worried about mold, its nothing like that lol...its just fresh! :)
I did some instant mo'i today,and brought my kiddo for a nice walk...used 2 tsps and about 6 ounces water...
The solomons island kava at 1 tbsp still produced a stronger,,longer lasting heady buzz...and dnt get me wrong, I love the
Moi! It is allot like the pouni ono in effects but still I like pouno ono better then moi...got to be one of the clearest and cleanest
head buzzes around...between the 3 of them, it's pretty hard not to be happy! hehe :)

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Oh and Steve Mariotti
I have read many times you love the heady kavas! And you also rate the pouni ono and mo'i at the very top of
your list if I remember right, if so do yourself a favor and get at BKH and try some of this! lol...
Not trying to be pushy....well actually I am ;) (y)
It is just grade A great heady kava, and then some!

Robert

Kava Curious
Closely resembles my experience as well, love it, and on the moisture, I noticed the same thing when I used to buy nambawan, I think what it comes down to is the resinous lactones.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Just got my first pound of this yesterday. even though I was fairly tired from the workday/week I made some just couldn't wait to try it. the more tired i am the less i get from a kava session. Smelling the kava right after opening the bag I recognized that rich, maybe beachy smell. I don't know how else to explain it. I used to regularly drink Nakamal @ Home's Solomon but haven't in a while but it definitely hit that Solomon smell note and smelled fresh too. Don't think I got the full effect last night but I did feel slightly energized by it then more relaxed later on. Will definitely post a review when I sit down with this over the long weekend. Solomon kava has always been one of my favorites so excited to explore this one further.

Winning Shenanigans

Kava Curious
Got a couple pounds recently, I'm pretty impressed it is different from other kava I've tried in the way it makes me feel, it is a very unique heady kava (hits you in waves and unique emotional aspect) and has a teeny body load (just enough to ease pain but not enough for couch lock) its honestly not my favorite for Daily use but has quickly turned into my specialty use 1-2 times a week kava. I would especially recommend it for going out on the town with good company, bon fires, and concerts where you are emotionally attached to the music.