What's new

Some advice

nj valid

Kava & Web Design
Hey everyone. For the past few months I have used Kona Kova 55% Full Spectrum Paste. In the beginning it was working good and it gave me a great nights sleep. I used to put in in my Valerian root tea. I then read that putting it in hot water can diminish the Kava's effects, so I started using cold water. After reading on this forum it seems that is not that case at all. Can someone clarify this?

The real reason I am here is I am looking at buying some powder from BKH, as the paste doesn't seem to work well anymore. I was looking for the best option for me to get some sleep and help with anxiety. Unfortunately I suffer from some anxiety and I was doing well until about two days ago. I haven't been able to sleep two much the past two days. I have that fight or flight feeling when laying down and my stomach turns. During the day I am still feeling anxious but I am able to keep distracted at work.

I have never taking any prescriptions for the anxiety and it does seem to come and go, though it is easy for my to get anxious / upset over the smallest things (such as the traffic in NJ). It seems this anxiety I am going through now is a result of poor eating and nutrition.

Anyway, can someone please refer me to a good Kava, as I have never used anything but the concentrate pastes. Thanks.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Your situation sounds exactly like why I started drinking kava to begin with. I've found the best sleep from Boroguru from BKH. It's not stimulating, and the anti-anxiety effects last far into the next day. After a while the cumulative effects carry on indefinitely as long as you're drinking it daily.

nj valid

Kava & Web Design
Great, thanks! I will definitely grab some Boroguru then. I'm looking forward to trying it, hopefully with some positive results.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It looks like you're already through your reverse tolerance stage, so it shouldn't be an issue, but be sure to consume it nightly for a week before you draw a total conclusion. Also be sure you're using enough, a kilo lasts me 18-20 days. I use 55 grams of powder per 500ml of water. It's more akin to some hardware store paint in consistency, but it really (I mean really) helps me sleep, and anxiety is squashed flat. Of course everyone's experience will vary, but if you keep at it you'll understand why there are so many who sing the praise of kava.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
......I've found the best sleep from Boroguru from BKH....
+1 on the Boroguru.

This stuff knocked me out for the whole night, and I took a very rare 2 hour afternoon nap the next day. (and I'm not even using Kava for sleeping issues)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Yes, the Boroguru is the one to get, that is for sure, when you try it, if it does not seem to be working for you, just up the dose, it does work and will work for you when you find you happy spot in preparing the kava and the amount you use.
I like to make mine strong with only 2 cups of water and I drink about half of that and it is fine, if I need more I can drink the other half. Aloha.

Chris