What's new

Powdered Kava Review Special Variety Kava – Damu

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
KWK is well known for their clean chemotyped noble kavas, however, we all know that everyone reacts differently to kava. Personally I have never had a "wow" kava from KWK (The KWK borogu is however one of the best along with BKH's borogu). I was glad to try this new Damu kava and so impressed with it that I had to review it. And yes I have already ordered more without nearing the end of the first bag.

The one thing that really stands out about this kava is the great taste. I'm not one to get into the delicacy of flavor profiles with kava, they are usually either strong Fijian flavor, fresh and light Hawaiian, or peppery as hell Vanuatu. This kava has a wonderful flavor with a sweetness to it that makes you actually think about the wonderful flavor as you drink more. It has the classic Fijian taste with a touch of sweet chocolate and nutty, vanilla notes.

The effects hit me within a few minutes with a mild euphoria and weighting feeling on the shoulders. Its heady to the extent that it puts you in a time warp zone that makes the time both slow down and speed up at the same time, the next thing you know is that 3 long hours flew by. I compare this zoned feeling to GHKs Honokane Iki. Its relaxing like you are being rocked in a "no-stress zone" hammock, yet there is a vibe of energy there that will not let you fall asleep. To me, this is a perfect balanced kava because it has attributes of everything I look for. I had spent the day doing labor intensive tasks and my back was killing me. This kava soothed the pain to where I forgot about it because it was not there anymore. I would compare this kava to a mild Nangol feeling too. It will inform you when the best time to retire to bed will be, and the dreams are wonderful and vivid. You wake up feeling refreshed and recharged. I'm hoping that Mike can somehow turn this special kava into a mainstream kava from the grower, but we take what we can get around here and this for sure is Damulicious in every aspect. If it truly is a limited time offering, I might put this kava in my reserve stash for those special occasions. However I do want to try this again tonight via traditional prep to enhance the potency and experience. BULA !

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yup, it's an instant classic. Full props to Mike for finding this and making it available. It's quite the feather in his cap. This is one of the very best kavas ever.
It is extremely good kava but I'd say it's the best at what it does. If you like a good body numbness and strong sedation you're going to knead something else.