What's new

Staying Hydrated while drinking Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris3203

Hi fellow relaxers,

Where I live it's wintry and cold, and the weather alone is great for dry skin. But then add some micronized kava from GHK (or BKH depending on the day) and I can almost feel my skin drying up, despite drinking what I think is plenty of water.

So, I figured I'd ask some long-time kava drinkers here, what do you do to stay hydrated? Any tips, routines, etc.?

Cheers!

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
Personally, I drink liquids constantly. Usually tea when I am at home, but only water when I am at work during the day. I always have a bottle of water sipping on it, or a glass of tea next to me. I drink 100-160 oz of liquids a day plus the kava. The hardest part for me is hydrating properly before bed, without having to wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
My rule of thumb is just drink one part water for every part kava you drink. That seems to be about right to prevent symptoms of dehydration.

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
Ive been noticing that I have bladder pains the day after drinking kava. This only happens after a good kava session and its happened multiple times now.

I recently discovered that tons of hydration was the cure for this post kava pain.

My personal routine now is to drink 2x as much water as kava within 6 hrs(max) of my session.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I don't drink anything else whilst drinking kava, but have as much water as I can comfortably take before sleep, and drink probably 2litres of water during the day, as well as coconut water or sometimes ORS in water
I still get all dried up like a mummy every so often, and find that then the only solution is to stop for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.