What's new

Stone Kava Review - First Time

kl.fudmoe

Kava Curious
I have used instant kava before, but this is my first time with Stone. I did the normal preperation, 2 cups water, 1 cup ground Kava root, and 1/2 tsp  lecithin. Soaked, blended, strained.

I actually enjoyed the taste, It was pleasant. I was use to instant which made me shudder to drink, and this was a delight. Slight numbing, less than instant surprisingly. Very creamy texture, it was great chilled. I enjoyed everything about it, I ended up sipping all of it.

Effects... pending. I just drank it. I will get back to you on that one.

kl.fudmoe

Kava Curious
Didn't feel anything on 1 cup so I made 2 more. That may have been a bad idea. Probably 1 cup to many.

To start I didn't have your fancy Kava bag so I thought I would be creative and use a T Shirt. Well that didn't strain worth crap and busted out the side, but still managed to get 2 to 3 bowls worth. The second 2 cups I used cheese cloth. It didn't strain well either, and the water was still to hot to do it anyways. So then I started over and just used a thinner T Shirt. This kinda worked out I spent 20 min and only gout about 3 bowls worth of Kava, but this time it was much more potent. Could have got more but its late and Im tired.

I could have sworn cheese was spelled cheeze, humm oh well spell check is tha boss.

Well I got the spins and ear ringing. I have had a long day and am going to sit back and take it in. More updates to come. Thus far I like.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
If you like stone, you should try wow. The shipment they got in is phenomenal. Half a cup of root to 4 cups of water is moree than enough :D.

The taste was pretty strong in my opinion. Also had a very strong numbing effect. I will have to make another batch but as of right now this one isnt one of my favorites

Stone is Great it is Potent no doubt but smooth not ragged and jagged like tudei or chief jungle it has the same power as far as pain reliever Yet smooth where You can actually take in the afternoon or night. Great Kava. 1 out of 10 I give it a 9.

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
Wow, did 3 shells of Stone tonight and I was definitely crunk, can't wait to share this with some buddies if they will try it. I did about 1 shell last night when I made it, there was a nice heat in my head with the first shell, but it was pleasant, and my hands got really warm, but that was fine with me.

this sounds like a great kava product, i tried kava a long time ago from what i thought was a reputable botanical source(still do actualy so i dont know). And i ended up getting kinda anxiety from it itself, most noticable i would get heart palpitations. I think this may be either an allergic reaction, or i got a product that had stems and stuff in it giving me a bad reaction, but i had enough to try it half a dozen times, i think i only used it 3-4 times though and it happened each time.
The good effects were mild enough that the heart palpitations kinda negated the good effects. I think tho I'd like to try it again, so iv been researching the best ones to try, and so far thats lead me to this brand/variety. Problem is when i go to their site its saying they no longer ship to Canada!What a let down, wish there was some way around this, guess ill have to go with Kona kava, their site looks good enough, and iv reviews that atleast say its good, just not great compared to other brands/varieties. 
Any advice on anything iv mentioned would be great, like another variety i could get or another way to order this stuff. thanks!
btw i dont mean to hijack this thread, but there doesnt seem to be alot of recent activity so i figured this one was my best shot.

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
Arahant said:
this sounds like a great kava product, i tried kava a long time ago from what i thought was a reputable botanical source(still do actualy so i dont know). And i ended up getting kinda anxiety from it itself, most noticable i would get heart palpitations. I think this may be either an allergic reaction, or i got a product that had stems and stuff in it giving me a bad reaction, but i had enough to try it half a dozen times, i think i only used it 3-4 times though and it happened each time.
The good effects were mild enough that the heart palpitations kinda negated the good effects. I think tho I'd like to try it again, so iv been researching the best ones to try, and so far thats lead me to this brand/variety. Problem is when i go to their site its saying they no longer ship to Canada!What a let down, wish there was some way around this, guess ill have to go with Kona kava, their site looks good enough, and iv reviews that atleast say its good, just not great compared to other brands/varieties. 
Any advice on anything iv mentioned would be great, like another variety i could get or another way to order this stuff. thanks!
btw i dont mean to hijack this thread, but there doesnt seem to be alot of recent activity so i figured this one was my best shot.
You could try Bula Kava House in Portland, Oregon http://www.bulakavahouse.com/  I'm not sure which one is comparable to N@H Stone, I had some Fu'u which was good but milder in some way, I wasn't feeling it as much the next day as I did with Stone.

The kava that you tried, was it an extract / instant or did you prepare it from root?  Also, the particular strain of kava can make a difference, there are some that are stimulant, also the chemotype (chemical profile) could make a difference, you might try high kavain kava or a high DMH kava, whichever is different from the first one that you got.

it was powdered root, the source was well known for other botanicals but all i know was that i think it was hawaiian. I may have had problems straining it and i might have ended up drinking a bunch of the material with the liquid, i cant remember as this was about 7 years ago.it was a weird and suprising effect cause iv looked all over, and everytime i look up kava and heart palpitations, all i get is how its been used to STOP them, lol.
Oh well time for another try, i ordered a few varieties from paradise kava as it was rated second best after nakamal stone(on that blog thats been posted around here), im hoping its as cerebral as stone :)
And thanks for response, wasnt sure how many people were active on here.

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe try coconut water, perhaps your electrolytes could be off to start with and made worse by the diuretic effect of the kava, coconut water has a lot of potassium in it. I'm guessing what you got before was probably Kona Kava as they seem to be the ones who resell through those "botanical" sites, which is how I got my first batch, which was also Kona Kava. But it was interesting enough, and not bad enough, to dissuade me from trying some others. Nylon jelly strainers have worked best of the various things that I have tried over the past week or so since I got into this business. You would think that the jelly strainer would be too coarse and too much junk would get through, but it's really not, with finer cloth it sort of gets clogged and it's hard to squeeze. I found that the root fiber is a bit too much for my digestive tract to handle--I have Crohn's Disease and don't handle insoluble fiber very well--so I'm doing a second strain with a sock to get more of the fiber out. I think I like coconut water the best for mixing, tried some coconut milk but it adds a bit too much fat on top of something like a vanuata which is already pretty oily.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
I first tried Stone about four months ago after reading the Kavasseur's review. So far this is the only Kava that has staggered me, I had no choice but to lay down and go to sleep, very potent/high quality Kava. This week I've been using the toss and wash method, or maybe a variation of it, with 1/4 cup root and roughly 1 cup water. I let it soak for a while in a mid-sized jar then shake it vigorously for a bit then consume over the course of about 20 minutes. Very potent and pleasant effects, sometimes a song will start playing in my head. I've used as much as 1/3 cup of root for this method but encountered some nausea however 1/4 cup does the trick nicely.(smiley: smile)

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
damn i just drank a second straining of 8 tbls to 3 cups water(first straining was 6 cups water to 8 tbls split between 2 people last night) and i am incredibly krunk. i have never been this krunk off a second straining before. ha this post just took me 15 minutes to post. lol

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
I have been having the best reaction lately to stone. The last 3 times I made it I can't stop giggling.

Just out of nowhere, lasts a good 5 minutes. If I think of something funny even longer.

Nothing like a grown man giggling by himself in a room. I've been giggling the entire time I've been writing this post. There's just something funny about typing.