What's new

Straining Micronised?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

Betablock, let me give you my opinion. I have been doing micronized right out of the bag for a month or more. I also drink booze on my non-kava days. When Kavalot came up with the Micronized syrup, then I said to myself, "Well removing Kava Fiber is always a good thing and I can make a big batch of syrup and have it on demand". So it just made sense to me. I use a very fine mesh nylon strainer. Somehow, the tiny fibers clump together in there. I hate to throw it away and I know some who reuse it. I still do Micronized out of the bag now and then but I also love the syrup method. So if you are worried and don't mind throwing a little away, then blend and strain. Also remember that the biggest difference between Micronized and Powder is the taste. Micronized has little if any taste so I still like it over powder. I know guys, I'm a Kava Wuss.

P.S. I have no idea if straining it is better for the liver or not. But to me, less Kava fiber is a good thing so I have some with strained and some not strained. And I know some people have trouble digesting the small amount of fiber in Micronized so this is helpful to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

violet

Do all things with love
@Deleted User01 and anyone else straining the micronized: Have you ever tried consuming the "sludge" left behind to see how much you might be losing in the way of effects? Just curious.

@betablocker As far as affecting my liver goes, I've had two blood panels measuring liver function while consuming kava daily and everything is always normal. Others here report similar results. Since everyone is different and you never know if someone might have an underlying liver function problem, it might be a good idea to get your enzymes checked every now and then.

If you want to improve your liver health, whether you are healthy or know you have issues to address, you may want to research ways to support the liver's methylation process, which will boost glutathione naturally. There are various supplements and many foods, among other things, that help with this.

I am not sure what the correlations among dermopathy, liver function, and ingesting undesirables might be, but I know I am very quick to get dermopathy from consuming root. I can drink GHK's micronized unfiltered whole in water in generous quantities and my dermopathy barely makes itself known, if at all.

D

Deleted User01

Violet, what is it that you don't understand about the word Kava Wuss? :D No, I haven't tried consuming it but I can assure you it was all greasy and stuff and I know I probably threw away a bunch of Kavalactones. I think someone here on the forum was reusing or maybe gulping it. Hey, you could make something like a Fiber One Candy Bar.

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
@violet I have tried intentionally drinking the sludge a few times and I would get GI issues the next day. With my brew is done there might be 6 cups of liquid and 1-2 cups of that is sludge at the bottom -- that is 4 tbsp micro post-nylon straining. When I get down to the sludge part I blast it with sink water and let it settle in the fridge. By the end of the night I get 3-4 full glasses worth of diluted kava water, decreasing in potency of course. But for those who don't drink the sludge it is probably a free 1.5 glasses of the original potency. You can see the oils rise each time you blast it.

Status
Not open for further replies.