What's new

Strongest damn kava around?

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
@prelohded, you are right. Every member has their own "chemotype" and their own reaction to kava. There are some days when 1 dose of Mo'i gives be a big buzz and others when it just energerizes. But compared to other drugs, the result is still mild but nice. I don't think I ever got to the point of not walking. Maybe you best tell us exactly what strain you had that day. Heh, heh, heh ....
The KWK Loa can hit me like that. It got me wobbly footed and blurred vision when I tried the @shakas challange ( that is I doubled my usual dosage ), havn't done that since...., and yes I would say I got a good 2 hour buzz. The buzz was neat and euphoric, but got too stronge.

prelohded

Kava Curious
@prelohded, you are right. Every member has their own "chemotype" and their own reaction to kava. There are some days when 1 dose of Mo'i gives be a big buzz and others when it just energerizes. But compared to other drugs, the result is still mild but nice. I don't think I ever got to the point of not walking. Maybe you best tell us exactly what strain you had that day. Heh, heh, heh ....
Micronozed Moi basically made me feel ridiculous after 2-3 tbsp. at first it was great but then I took it too far. It was my first time trying kava (a couple of weeks ago). I posted my experience somewhere on here but as someone who used to drink regularly (some might say heavily) and who has experimented with some other drugs in my college days, this went beyond buzzed for me. I was almost incapable of functioning. Even talking felt difficult. It wasn't a good thing. I spent most of the evening throwing up.

Since then I have learned how to enjoy kava and not get to that point. I think I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to kava effects, although I am not a small guy at 6' 2" 215 lbs. The number one factor that I have found for myself for how strong the effects are is how empty my stomach is. That first time I hadn't had anything to eat in 8+ hours. Now If I have some food in my stomach 2 tbsp will give me a lighter more euphoric effect. If you want a strong kava experience try fasting for 8 hours or longer beforehand, don't say I didn't warn you though lol.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I would agree that most kava is not drug like and provides a mild buzz. There are a few, for me, that can be quite strong and apparently noble. The initial buzz feeling can be equal to but not the same as alcohol or anxiety relieving comparable to low-moderate dose of a benzo without the cognitive and potential knock out side effects. These varieties have helped me a lot in reducing my intake of the other substances.