What's new

Stuck in a pickle

Bert07

Me like da kava
--To eat delicious food :hungry: or to drink atrocious tasting mud water:wtf::dead:.....(30 min later)::urock2::....hmm decisions--
Does anyone get conflicted between the timing of drinking kava and eating meals? I find myself in this dilemma way too often. I'm almost always stuck in the evening with a completely empty stomach growling for food starving when I know it's the perfect time for knocking back shells. And then once I do and feel nicely toasted with no starving appetite anymore, after some time, I feel like there's still an obligation to eat something, especially considering I haven't eaten since 3 and it's now past 11. But for the most part, except on rare occasions, I physically cannot. Maybe I'm just bad at planning it all out. Is it not a problem for some of you? I wish kava can be so kind to give me the munchies afterwards.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
Funny I'm having the same dilemma right now LOL. Dinner, or more micro to the noggin... It's Friday... so more micro it is! I'll just continue to munch on pineapple for now. BTW, the Hawaiian appear to be much less suppressing to the appetite for me than the heavier Vanuatu strains.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I run into this issue all the time. I get home, hungry after my commute. Usually start to make a snack but catch myself and prep kava first. It's almost routine now. Sometimes I slip...usually when I don't have micro and the kneading ritual seems too aggravating. Hah

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Just throw a damn pickle in it. Hell ya, don't mind if I do. Ho, I guess this isn't a pickle thread. Sorry, thought we were here to talk Pickles. Much Love Roaddog....

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

BTW, the Hawaiian appear to be much less suppressing to the appetite for me than the heavier Vanuatu strains.
My sentiments exactly, I start kava at 2:30-3 in the afternoon, 3 hours after lunch. When I finish work at 5:00, I'm hungry. It's like I have the Munchies. So I munch. :hungry: I will eat supper at 6pm and have another shell at 8 if I need it. To me, the whole food thing is overblown. However, it is more likely that my metabolism is different that you'alls. And being a liteweight, I could probably get nice effects on a shell after the Thanksgiving Feast. :D

Bert07

Me like da kava
To me, the whole food thing is overblown. However, it is more likely that my metabolism is different that you'alls. And being a liteweight, I could probably get nice effects on a shell after the Thanksgiving Feast. :D
I actually just eat and get rooted. I havent ever noticed my kava being jeopardized by a good meal before, or after. But im still a bit new.
It might still work for you guys, but does it work nearly as good as on an empty stomach? I find when I take virtually anything on an empty to a non-empty stomach, the effects differ dramatically for me.

Bert07

Me like da kava
BTW, the Hawaiian appear to be much less suppressing to the appetite for me than the heavier Vanuatu strains.
Hmm interesting, I might have to experiment with this. I think I've noticed different levels of appetite suppression with different varieties but never took the time to remember which ones they were. It would be difficult due to the fact I make party mixes every time. I guess I'm a title below Deleted User01 - "assistant mixologist". :whistle:

D

Deleted User01

@Bert07, if you are making awesome Kava Kocktails, then please share.:hungry: Just one more note on the appetite thing. When I drink Kava, I'm not looking for "big effects". I just want to lay on the couch, relax, and then sleep well. I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the effects on a totally empty stomach are more pronounced and that is why some prefer to take it on an empty stomach. I will also add that if you are fighting anxiety or Benzo Addiction, then perhaps it is necessary to get a more potent dose of kava. But that's not a consideration for me, nice easy going effects are fine with me.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@HeadHodge - That's the biggest dancing pickle I've ever seen, I'm glad I didn't see it after 3 or 4 shells or I'd probably still be staring at it.
Yes, it kind of draws you in. LoL. I would assume Headgie had to dig pretty deep in the pickle barrel to find that one. Much Love Roaddog....

redstar

Kava, Kava
it sounds like you dont want to eat before drinking kava. But what about eating after you drink kava? I ate an hour after i drink my first two cups of kava "though no effects because im dealing with RT" i was still hungry and able to eat.

I read somewhere on this forums that eating after drinking kava can actually make the effects more pronounced. also, drinking something hot can also make the effects more pronounced, but im sure its different for everyone.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I read somewhere on this forums that eating after drinking kava can actually make the effects more pronounced. also, drinking something hot can also make the effects more pronounced, but im sure its different for everyone.
Depending what I eat, it can either potentiate or attenuate the effects. For me, carbs seem to attenuate, fats (all kinds) seem to potentiate.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
it sounds like you dont want to eat before drinking kava. But what about eating after you drink kava? I ate an hour after i drink my first two cups of kava "though no effects because im dealing with RT" i was still hungry and able to eat.

I only pass this out to my friends. Here's my all time favorite thread about food.