What's new

Kava Research Study section to the forum

verticity

I'm interested in things
Kavapedia is good and it should certainly be there, but it seems most newcomers with questions never utilize it and if you do click on it, it's a maze of links and pages that are probably befuddling to the average internet user/kava novice's eyeballs. It's definitely good for us who are aware of it, but also it's also pretty expansive and newbies are probably see it like :
View attachment 4083
I'm not even sure if the kavapedia gets updated if new pertinent information comes along, but I never check it, so perhaps it does ?
If not, maybe I/we should try to start marking certain posts, links & new info that comes along for inclusion.​

The health monitoring tag that @kavadude linked to is very useful and looks like it retrieves info I was looking for. But as an example, I'm a regular here and wasn't even aware of how to do that. Do those tags only show up if the thread creator chooses it or does a staff member tag member posts if they fit in a category ?
So, while I think we should continue using the tags and kavapedia, I think a one-stop-shop thread/page for the most relevant health/science/usage/study links should be easily available, if not glaringly obvious somewhere on the site that stands out without much hunting.
The Kavapedia is not really related to Kava Forums, is it? That is @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's thing I think. And last time I checked it still had the "double-bonded" issue wrong [Chem nerd rage..:mad:] But frankly I would rather Chris be growing the great kava he does rather than spending time maintaining an informational web site..

The nice thing about tagging is that it doesn't mess up the organizational scheme of this site, but gives extra structure for those who want to use it.. (if it were easier to use..)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
The Kavapedia is not really related to Kava Forums, is it? That is @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's thing I think. And last time I checked it still had the "double-bonded" issue wrong [Chem nerd rage..:mad:] But frankly I would rather Chris be growing the great kava he does rather than spending time maintaining an informational web site..

The nice thing about tagging is that it doesn't mess up the organizational scheme of this site, but gives extra structure for those who want to use it.. (if it were easier to use..)
I wrote the Kavapedia and (I think) @Deleted User01 wrote Chris's Kava Library.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
All these ideas are great and exactly what I was talking about ... the point of this for me is when I plan on commenting on news story's ect. To counteract misinformation we have tons of health info and studies that I can easily run to and reciprocate. Also will help us direct new comers to dispel the wave of new questions that are squashed by the long term feedback :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Agreed. Even if someone could find all the specific studies ect. And compile them all to a pdf that's download able from a part of the site would be perfect, so then I could print and have it at my disposal

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Agreed. Even if someone could find all the specific studies ect. And compile them all to a pdf that's download able from a part of the site would be perfect, so then I could print and have it at my disposal
Sounds like a job for "Super Zachary Man!!!" :)

Actually if you could get them into the kavapedia, you can view the pdf's online 'and' print them to your printer. The printer feature was one of the first things I did here. But no one really seemed interested, so I moved on to other interesting projects. But afaik it's still functional.