What's new

Kava Recipe Super great idea, new method to consume Kava!

andrew

Hey all,
I haven't drank any Kava in a LONG time nor do I have any laying around or I would try this. Well whenever I get bored I tend to think about anything and tonight for whatever reason I got to thinking about Kava and then thinking about Kava got me to thinking about how much I hate consuming it which lead to this idea.

Ok so here is my method and it would be awesome if someone wanted to try. I am not sure what the exact measurements would be so one would have to experiment.
First you want to grab your crockpot and set it on low.
Grab your Kava and mix it with olive oil. Mix very well.
Pour it all into your crockpot.
Let it sit for ??? 8 hours? 6 hour? 4 hours?
Mix occasionally.
Let cool when time is done.
Pour through strainer and get all the Kava out.
Mix the olive oil with maltodextrin. Can buy smarties from the store, crush them up into a fine power and mix. Or you can just buy some maltodextrin.
Add enough to absorb all the oil.
Put into capsules.

Well that is my method! You should have a good Kava extract that you should be able to cap. If anyone tries this LMK!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've known people who did this and yes it definitely works, however make sure you don't use a strainer that has dye in it. That hot oil will pull the colors out.

D

Deactivated Account

I found (over a few weeks with a low strength kava) that the temp is critical in that a tiny bit too much & it becomes a starchy glug. Maybe a crock pot is the answer, I just used a pot on the gas hob.

If you think kava is hard to drink ala normal mix style...wait until it gets starchy (insert sideshow bob shudder)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
You know what there @nemo , sometimes when I make grogs, I over starch my second wash. Ill add some water to the first pass kava ball, and mix it up. Then stick it in the microwave, and cook it until it gets to the right thickness. Then I squeeze and filter the second wash. which usually comes out the constancy of gravy. I then mix the first wash, and the second wash, and give it another run through a filter. Resulting in a very strong kava, very thick, but not gross thick. Seems to help me stretch my kava, in times of poor kava days. Much love. Roaddog....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
You know what there @nemo , sometimes when I make grogs, I over starch my second wash. Ill add some water to the first pass kava ball, and mix it up. Then stick it in the microwave, and cook it until it gets to the right thickness. Then I squeeze and filter the second wash. which usually comes out the constancy of gravy. I then mix the first wash, and the second wash, and give it another run through a filter. Resulting in a very strong kava, very thick, but not gross thick. Seems to help me stretch my kava, in times of poor kava days. Much love. Roaddog....
I might be wrong but I don't think you have never documented the way you prepare your kava. It would be great if you could create a thread with a "Kava Preparation" Tag.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I might be wrong but I don't think you have never documented the way you prepare your kava. It would be great if you could create a thread with a "Kava Preparation" Tag.
Yes, I can do that. Give me a couple days, so I can have a proper pictorial. I can make 4 tablespoons stretch, to what it took 6 tablespoons. But its a lot more work. It probably takes 15 or 20 minutes, and requires a lot more Kneading. I also find that its a smaller amount to drink. Much Love. Roaddog....