What's new

Supreme Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kava Mang

Kava Curious
Kavafied Kava Supreme is always what i grab for my final shells of the night, it really helps promote good sleep for me after a few shells. It is currently out of stock (not sure on the timeline of when it may be in stock again) and i am starting to run low. I am wondering what would be the closest substitute in both effects and cost.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Kavafied Kava Supreme is always what i grab for my final shells of the night, it really helps promote good sleep for me after a few shells. It is currently out of stock (not sure on the timeline of when it may be in stock again) and i am starting to run low. I am wondering what would be the closest substitute in both effects and cost.
I just bought some last week. Is that on their website or Amazon?

I find with Amazon "sold out" often just means your local Amazon supply depot doesn't have any and will be restocked soon. So you check back in a day or two or three or four and lo and behold, they got more. Often it's only a small amount more, like 10 or 20 units. And then they sell out again, and so it goes.

Followup: I just checked Amazon and it says there are only 9 4oz bags left in stoclk, but I live in MI and where you live it might say sold out. Oddly, I think all the Kavafied orders actually get shipped from FL but fr some reaon maybe the stock quantities are alloted regionally in the Amazon system as if they were physically at different Amazon depots around the country? I'm sure there's some logic to it, but check back, you can get Supreme if you want it.

Honolulusurfer88

Kava Curious
I just bought some last week. Is that on their website or Amazon?

I find with Amazon "sold out" often just means your local Amazon supply depot doesn't have any and will be restocked soon. So you check back in a day or two or three or four and lo and behold, they got more. Often it's only a small amount more, like 10 or 20 units. And then they sell out again, and so it goes.
I just looked and it says there are 9 of the 4 oz bags still in stock on Amazon. Maybe that will be the last of it for a while. As far as a substitute, personally I felt it to be similar to BKH Nambawan but I can't vouch for anybody else's experience. I just checked though, and it seems Nambawan is out of stock, too, so I'm not very much help - sorry. :eggonface:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I just looked and it says there are 9 of the 4 oz bags still in stock on Amazon. Maybe that will be the last of it for a while. As far as a substitute, personally I felt it to be similar to BKH Nambawan but I can't vouch for anybody else's experience. I just checked though, and it seems Nambawan is out of stock, too, so I'm not very much help - sorry. :eggonface:
Jinx!

For me the only real equivalent to Supreme would be Savusavu from Kava Time, but maybe BKH Nangol Noble would cover it in a pinch.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Stone, but it's too expensive now, Isa is similar, Real Kava's Vanauatu Kava Powder is similar, Nangol Noble is strong but can get kinda edgy feeling compared to Supreme.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
Any word on when supreme will come back - at least in the larger bags? I need my supreme! I am enjoying some other kavas, though I wouldn’t consider any of them to be too similar.

Kava Mang

Kava Curious
Any word on when supreme will come back - at least in the larger bags? I need my supreme! I am enjoying some other kavas, though I wouldn’t consider any of them to be too similar.
They do still have 4oz bags in stock but it just isn't worth it in my opinion. I was able to email Matt and he said the bigger bags should be back in stock sometime next week, so it seems we won't have to wait as long as i had feared.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
They do still have 4oz bags in stock but it just isn't worth it in my opinion. I was able to email Matt and he said the bigger bags should be back in stock sometime next week, so it seems we won't have to wait as long as i had feared.
Thanks for the good news! I also didn’t want to go for the 4oz - agree that it’s not worth it when I really want 2 pounds.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I'm drinking Supreme right now. Gotta admit, it makes a great substitute for Supreme. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the taste. Yum!
Man; I like Supreme too; but it is, to me, the most unpleasantly pungent tasting kava I've ever had! Is that the taste they call piney? Good stuff, though. I actually haven't tried any other Vanuatu kavas yet largely cause I don't want that taste.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Man; I like Supreme too; but it is, to me, the most unpleasantly pungent tasting kava I've ever had! Is that the taste they call piney? Good stuff, though. I actually haven't tried any other Vanuatu kavas yet largely cause I don't want that taste.
No, not piney at all, IMO, not even remotely. Has that deep rich flavour only found in very high class Vanuatu kavas (possibly all from the same source?) anyway, that similar flavour is found a little stronger in Nagol Noble and very strongly in Nambawan and Five Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.