What's new

I Love Kava Friday Survived another week of BonkersWorld

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Oh been getting into trying new kinds of music. Pretty into tribally fun world beaty stuff, as well love pirate metal and folk metal weirdly fun for the gym lol
So trying out new music on a friday gym I thought to change things up try out instrumental rock. Only tried a few minutes:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I must say I am liking this Kava King Cocoa Kava mix. It's a bit heady. Dont get me wrong it is not that strong at all, but it is nice for a quick relaxing moment were I still need my brain cell. Kinda like the Kit Kat of Kavas!

verticity

I'm interested in things
The "other" blonde gene is theorized to come from neandertals.

and by other, I mean the European one ;)
This stuff is fascinating. I don't know if it's as simple as "Europeans and Melanisians inherited blond hair from Neanderthals and Denisovans, respectively." It's true that Melanesians have Denisovan DNA. But they also have some Neanderthal DNA. Any modern person not from Africa has some Neanderthal genes, although Europeans have the most. Modern Melanesians have more Denisovan DNA than any other people. But the Denisovans were closely related to the Neanderthals. There is only one actual sample of ancient Denisovan DNA that has been sequenced, and that individual did not have blond hair:
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/denisovan/
On the other hand there was definitely genetic variability in the Denisovan and Neanderthal populations. We know that many modern Europeans have Neanderthal genes for light hair. To further complicate things, there is another recent theory that there was a third unknown ancient species of people, besides Neanderthals and Denisovans, who interbred with the modern humans who migrated to Melanesia:
https://phys.org/news/2016-11-people-melanesia-genetic-evidence-previously.html
The mutation that was found in Solomon Islanders is a "single nucleotide polymorphism" meaning only a single "DNA bit" is "flipped", so there are several ways that could have happened: It could have been inherited from any of the (two or possibly three) archaic hominid species who interbred with Melanesians' ancestors, or it could have arisen spontaneously as a mutation in one individual who had a lot of descendants. Or yet another possibility is that it could have just been an existing trait inherited from the sub-group of modern humans who migrated out of Africa in that direction...

More evidence that everything we think we know about "race" is wrong: It turns out that people in the British Isles as late as 10,000 years ago were probably not white:
https://www.theguardian.com/science...k-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals

Last edited:

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Re: 3rd unknown early human, there are some candidates.

The Red Deer Cave people lived 11,000 to 15,000 years ago in China.

There's a single jawbone called Penghu 1 (tenatively named h. tschaiganensis) loosely dated 10-160 kya, that resembles a sapiens/erectus hybrid. Relict erectus populations in East Asia, in contact with modern humans? Wow. But if true.

Maybe even h. floresiensis aka the "Hobbit people." There are little people in mythologies all the way from Indonesia to Hawaii.

On a completely unscientific tangent, I had a dream the other night that had shaggy, red haired, mini samsquanches 2-3 feet tall. They were slim like tiny wookiees, not stocky like ewoks.

Last edited:

NileKinnick

Kava Curious
I found an independent nutrition supplement store in my town that supplies Kava King's micronized a couple weeks ago. It's ~twice the online price, but still a great deal for Vanuatu micro ($13 for 1/4 lb) when you were a little aggressive with the last of your medium grind and are waiting for the next shipment.