What's new

Taking vitamins with kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaGal

hi! New here, though I've been drinking kava (micro nized-GHK) for about a year now. It has been my saving grace from alcohol and anxiety. I enjoy life much more now since drinking it! No more hangovers, no more panic attacks. I wish it was more widespread in the US!

Question...does anyone take any vitamins to counter effect any of the potential negative effects of kava? I currently take Vitamin B complex and D3. I'm also wondering if I should take milk thistle to be safe because of the liver toxicity reports. Sometimes my hands and skin get pretty dry, so I do drink water but am not sure if I should add a different supplement to counteract.

I wish more doctors were educated on kava use so I could get recommendations. Hoping I can get answers to my questions!

Happy new year!!!

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
KavaGal. I do not have answers ,but from my experience I have benefited greatly from supplementing B vitamins. Also, Magnesium in the form of Mg Glycinate has been extremely helpful. Many "stressed" out and anxious people are already depleted of these vitamins and minerals. While kava helps with the symptoms of "stress" it can make the problem worse through it's diuretic nature. Kava is the icing not the cake! IMO a healthy diet, proper exercise and good slept are the foundation - so I say supplement on! Best wishes for your 2016

verticity

I'm interested in things
I don't think vitamins counteract any effects of kava, but you might want to supplement electrolytes (drink some Gatorade or equivalent) because you can lose a lot of fluids due to the diuretic effect of kava. Unfortunately drinking a lot of water doesn't seem to help much with dermo, because I think it is not simply caused by dehydration (the cause is unknown, actually). Not saying you shouldn't drink water: you should, just that it probably won't clear up dermo (in my experience)

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
I take individual vitamins and minerals spread through the day based on my needs. I do not subscribe to a shotgun - mega dose approach. Get to know your body and educate yourself first.

Reactions: EQ

EQ

Atman
I used to take vitamins.
Ever since I began drinking Yerba Mate in what appears to be in high amounts daily I have not felt physically, and mentally healthier.
Check out, and read through the whole of, our ever growing Mate thread to learn more about the Super Banana
http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/yerba-mate.6590/

Mate has been keeping my eczema in check, so it's possible that it could help Kava causing skin conditions.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
I used to take vitamins.
Ever since I began drinking Yerba Mate in what appears to be in high amounts daily I have not felt physically, and mentally healthier.
Check out, and read through the whole of, our ever growing Mate thread to learn more about the Super Banana
http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/yerba-mate.6590/

Mate has been keeping my eczema in check, so it's possible that it could help Kava causing skin conditions.
Super Banana? lol

Reactions: EQ
Status
Not open for further replies.