What's new

Tax

Jean

Kava Curious
I don't see why we should have such a tax, a special tax is put in place when the consumers should feel guilty to consume the said product. It allows states to find easily money, the health being mainly an excuse. I don't see why I should find myself guilty for using kava, kava has no health or social drawbacks similar to , e g. alcohol, that could justify any shame on my side and therefore a specific taxation.
However, taxing kava could increase strongly the acceptance of kava by the reluctant governments (as in the EU), greed being by definition rooted in them.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I'll rather read the text before answering about greed but by convenience I mean typical problems that plague representation republic -- difficulty taking responsibility for unpopular or, often, controversial decisions. For example, EU had a delay updating vitamin D daily recommendations.

In the same time, EU managed to organize inconvenient ban of excessive antibiotic use (thanks to good work of Danish scientist). To be fair. Result: EU has had less problems w antibiotic resistance.