What's new

Temperate Growing

Akva

Kava Curious
Hey everyone, Hope it's ok to bump this thread.

I've been keeping this Logee's plant alive since 2019 and currently have it indoors in Zone 9b. It was by a south-facing window but I moved and it is now between two high up eastern and northern windows. It has a humidifier running 24/7 but has never really been happy. As others have reported it seems to suffer from chronic burnt tips and brown edges of leaves, with any nice leaves eventually turn yellow and falling off. I've been under-fertilizing it this whole time (which may explain the issues) but I've recently started to remedy that.

Anyone have any practical tips for making these plants happier?

View attachment 11454 View attachment 11455
I am currently propagating 3 new plants from a stalk that had lost all of its leaves.
Hi Pand_erson, This is just a shot in the dark really but that leaf problem looks very similar to a problem I had with my young Ylang Ylang plant. I used a fungicide namely, Mancozeb Plus Sulphur, and it fixed the problem completely. New leaves growing back without the problem NB: I don't know how it will go on awa plants but here's a shot of my leaves after treatment.

IMG_0736.jpg

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hey just saw this. Not sure if this helps at all but here's a link for kava production tips from start to finish. its more for farmers, but it translatable. also a good read.
click below.
kava production guide

U can also contact your local ag extension office and ask them about planting topicals in ur area and what to do. There are also various blights kava has to deal with as well. so that might be worth looking into.

If i had a wish, my wish would be to have a Kava Bonsai plant. so when u get super good at this ill buy one from yah ;)