What's new

Tested positive for Ecstasy (MDMA) after a long session yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I had a long kava session, mostly toss and wash, and I probably ended up consuming somewhere around ten tablespoons. It was enough to make me feel amazing that night but I felt pretty hungover, nauseous, and cranky this morning for like four or five hours, and even thinking of kava right now makes me sick. (In case you're wondering why I toss and wash, it's because I am a poor college student and I get waaaayyyy more out of the same amount of toss and wash than the traditional method. Though this hangover may convince me to quit.) Anyway, I went into the doctor today for an evaluation that included a urine drug test. It was a cup with some labels on the outside, not one of those super cheap strips but nothing crazy scientific looking either. As I went in to see the doctor she asked if I had taken ecstasy and informed me that I had tested positive for it. Luckily she believed me that it was a false positive and it didn't affect me. That said, I have heard a few very rare reports of this occurring.

Is this something worth investigating? I would love to just throw it out as a complete false positive but this isn't the first report of it happening. Granted, I'm sure consuming that much kava via toss and wash is probably more likely to exacerbate that kind of thing. However, if this is a real thing it could possibly affect people who have to take random drug tests. For reference, I was using medium grind Kadavu Waka from Kava Time (great stuff by the way!) and I'm not on any other kinds of medications or supplements besides CBD oil (which also tested me positive for THC, yikes!)

In my experience, yes the same thing happened to me numerous times. Not from regular kava. But the micronized kava pops up as MDMA for some reason. It's strange, it has nowhere near the same chemical structure.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Black pepper's piperine has methylenedioxy group and some other peppers, too. No one does eat tablespoons of black pepper, doesn't?

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I'm stunned that anyone would toss and wash medium grind. Ugh! Yeah, that would make you pretty sick. Interesting about MDMA positive. I drink micronized, instant and medium and I've never had a positive. Is it the amount? Bad test? Hmmm... Oh and yes, you can pop positive for THC if you use CBD even with a minute amount of THC in it. You can get broad spectrum that has all cannabinoids except THC. It works just as well ime.

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
Toss and Wash
Mixing kava root in water and drinking it without straining. Often done with micronized kava. May cause more digestive upset and other side effects than strained kava.

Ok, yeah I’ve done that and when I did dermothapy kicked in. Another thing that I’ve noticed is when I drink kava it effects my urine stream. Granted, I’m an older dog but I take my pygeum and beta sisterol and only notice it when I am imbibing…any ideas? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.