Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
When Adil learned that I had not yet
experienced his Kava extract he got in touch with me. Up until now I
hadn't tried anything from Paradise Kava. With the start of the next
college semester it's been tight all around. I'm sure many of you
know how that goes. Unfortunately, that also meant no more kava from
anywhere let alone Adil's place for quite a while. What I already had
in stock was it. Kava Rationing program engaged.
Adil, being the cool guy that he is,
gave me the opportunity to try some extract with a 5 gram sampler of
2012 chocolate and Orange and a 10 gram jar 2011 Honey and Lemon long
with a couple other fun items. One thing is for sure, I'm going to
spread this around so that anyone, like me, who would not otherwise
have a chance to try it will have the opportunity. I can think of no
better way to say thank you other than to spread the joy and bring
new people into the world of Kava with it. Alright, enough leg hugging. Aww look at me cling....tell me when this gets weird Adil (smiley: grin)(smiley: tongue) On to the Review!

I could smell the kava through all the packaging  in the mail box before I even opened it. I opened the 2012 Chocolate and Orange 5 gram sample first. Just the smell of that chocolate and orange is soothing all by itself. I took the recommended dose under the tongue then took a minute to just sit. The Chocolate taste is good, rich and dark. My favorite part is that hint of orange blended in the chocolate.Ahhhh....it comes on gentle and builds...and builds...and builds. But here is the thing I like about this extract; It's potent but not overpowering in any way.  It certainly says...."Hey pal! What joo want?" but then comes right back saying "Aww, here ya go man...Ya-know what come here and g'me a hug!" I took another pea-sized dose about an hour later. I'm totally chilled now. It's got a very nice authoritative relaxing effect and clears the mind beautifully. That "shield" effect I like to talk about is also there. It's very solid all around. When you look at the jars you might think they're small. But these 5 and 10 gram samplers look a lot closer to the size of  coffee mugs after I tried it out. I'm betting that 10 gram sampler is going to go a long way when I start spreading it around to whoever wants to try it.

Vekta-

I appreciate your insights, as they have helped me greatly in learning about kava. In your opinion, how would you compare the extract to root powder, and even the candies? Would a gram of extract be comparable to a couple shells? Im wondering if I should stick with root powder or go with the extract because of the standardized amount of kavalactones. Wondering if you still felt the residual effect, other benefits that come with the root powder..the root has been better than expected for anxiety, but im looking for the best way to go (overall effectiveness, cost, etc.) Sorry for the interrogation lol but I know Would def like to hear your thoughts. Thanks bro.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Mmmm...questions! nom nom nom! Tasty(smiley: happy)
I don't mind at all. We're all here to learn about kava. I'm glad my view is helpful.
Technically, 2 pea sized doses is around half a  serving (4 oz.) of kava prepared from root powder if I did the math right in my head. Well... reasonably close anyways. But that's a little misleading  because different strains of kava will affect you differently. Whatever variety(s) of kava that goes into the extract is a very well balanced one. It certainly has endurance. I had exactly 1 dose of it again earlier this morning to see how long it sticks with me and it's coming up on 5 hours. Tomorrow I won't have any kava at all to see what kind of residuals  I get. 1 dose has been enough to make me feel solid stable all day so far. the 2 doses I had yesterday had me leaning way back in my chair, with the pup sleeping on my lap and just chilling while watching a live stream play through of Alan Wake.

Wow dude definitely sounds like the extract is some good stuff. I'm going to have to check it out once my current treasure trove of kava runs a little dry. I'm definitely interested to hear how the extract effects you into the next day..I wondered if the benefits of the root would be lost in the extraction process, maybe that is something Adil would know. As for your comment about the 2 pea sized doses being (roughly) the equivalent of one shell, I find that a little surprising, as I didn't think a shell had that many kavalactones in it (I understand that they will differ in potency depending on how much kava you use)..Anyway definitely report back with your results. Thanks again for your help. God bless.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
It's about 9:00 PM.The day is pretty much over and I'm doing great. Didn't have any kava today. I judge how good the residual effects are by how "normal" I feel the next day. Everything is fine. Got my paper done and submitted to the professor on time, played with the,dog shampooed the carpet...

*shrugs* yeah...little bit of everything from normal everyday life today.

Tomorrow is phase II, testing the extract in public.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
**UPDATE**

Today was a fun day. I took the extract, the root and the other goodies with me to campus today and let anyone that was curious about it try a 1 gram dose or two. About 4 brave people steeped up to the plate to try both the Chocolate Orange and Lemon Honey extracts. Overall it was accepted well. It was the first time trying any kind of kava for all of them except 1. You got the typical noob response and some very funny ones. The mouth and throat numbing effect hit them all pretty good. Oh the guys had some pretty bad jokes about that part of it. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be very appropriate here so I'll leave it at that.

My best friend also tried it. She liked the Honey and Lemon version the best and found the effects very pleasant. It was a tad too powerful for her preference though. She told me when I returned later she was quite relaxed and happy in her office chair.

Overall Paradise kava had a strong showing at the college and I enjoyed sharing it with all the new people curious enough to try it out.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Vetka! Thanks for sharing with people! It comes around :)

I love this line! "I'm totally chilled now. It's got a very nice authoritative relaxing effect and clears the mind beautifully. That "shield" effect I like to talk about is also there." and may steal the shield part :) It really makes sense. Thanks for showing the love brother!

Dave Truth, Yes, Gluthathione is lost in the extract process along with live enzymes only found in FRESH kava (not powder).

But, pesticides, heavy metal residues, and other impurities are also taken away by CO2 extraction. Overall, this technology is the Industry leader at the moment for ANY plant extractives.

Hope that helps! This post made me smile, thanks Vetka ;)