What's new

The Paradise Coffee Project.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
We love Coffee, Especially if it's 100% Kona coffee from the Growers own Private Reserve. Nothing beats that, period!

Since 2010, there has been an ongoing desire to carry the best coffee in the world in our 'Shop The Hilo Market' section on Paradise Kava.Com

We think it's finally coming together.

Paradise Coffee Estate Reserve is made especially for us.

The beans are blended from the same Kona coffee
farm who won the Gevalia Cupping Contest as the singular best coffee from Kona (63 farms competed, including the one who ships their Coffee to the White House)

As always, we went a step further and asked them for
their Private Estate Reserve (EXTREMELY hard to find even in Hawaii) and to make it even more special, we asked for GREEN BEANS! (Elite Coffee Farmer's do not like to give these out and prefer that we take roasted coffee, not Green)

So far, The Owner has refused several major establishments who
have asked for green beans, including Starbucks but we've got the green
light so far since his wife is a big fan of our extracts :)  Fingers
Crossed.

We want it green for two reasons.

One, we micro roast. We ship tiny batches of coffee roasted each week or every two weeks, NOT a giant roast which sits around for months before it's used.

Second, Our Roasting Company is the best on the Island. :)

Rest assured, results will be spectacular. Keep you guys posted~

Cheers!

A.G

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
I'd certainly get some on my next order.  I really, really enjoyed the spectacular coffee when I visited the Big Island.  I'm using a Keurig now so I'd have to find that reusable pod thing to brew it though.

Slow Native

All the way!!
Bialetti Brikka here! Wooo woo good stuff. Took a long time to get the hang of brewing with the thing. Def would buy some beans from you tho man!

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Our intention is to make the very best (in anything we put our hands into).

I got a great sample this morning from our roasters and am excited to brew it in our Old Faithful -an older La Pavoni espresso machine to check for the best taste.

First we figure out which is best. Raw green coffee beans which were pulped or unpulped

Our farmer has developed a pre fermentation technique which pays off in the final stages of roasting. However we will experiment with both.

then, we agree on the best green coffee blend (Estate Reserve + Peaberry, all 100% Kona of course) and we get that right mix where the more robust and delicate beans marry well.

Then, it goes to the roasters who will roast various batches to certain degrees to check for optimum taste, where you can catch all the subtle notes of fruit, cocoa and more.

Many many cups later, it will be available :)

Finally the perfect cup depends on the customer of course. Quality of water, temperature, freshness and grind of the coffee itself, all play a part.

BTW - Most affordable + tastiest cup of coffee comes from an aero-press according to our roasters.

CarolinaBC - Never tried a Keurig. Works well?

Slow Native

All the way!!
Wow, just checked out that Aero Press... Rave reviews on it. I also have a French Press but use primarily for teas now, as I like the stronger brews made by the Brikka.. My fiancé washed the thing in the dishwasher which ruined the finish /domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif so it's time for something new, an Aero Press may be just what the Dr. Ordered ;)

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
@Adil-the Keurig is good for me since I get up at a different time than my wife (earlier) and by the time she gets up the coffee is oxidized and tastes funny.  I usually only down a cup in the morning and it is fast and tasty.  They have all different flavors but it is not the same as brewing up a pot of coffee and sitting down to read the paper on the weekend.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Coffee jump starts the mind! I love coffee so much, but over here in Ghana people don't drink it. I'm stuck with Nescafe and then packages of Starbucks that my parents send me from time to time. Every now and then I venture across the border into Togo and buy some fresh coffee that is quite good - "Sil vous plait, je voudrais un sac du cafe."