What's new

Disputed Media The pinnacle of being wrong (or why education matters)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
If we needed any example of why education about kava is important, here is it.

View attachment 13130
It could very well be a matter of education and it probably is in some cases. I think more and more people change the narrative and distort the facts to fit their own delusional reality. There are 0 sited scientific articles on that blog. "Dr AXE" is probably no more real than the alleged expertise and "advice" on that page.

It has that freshly scammy vibe, it doesn't take a genius to read through the bullshit. Unfortunately people also believe whatever they read without consideration to actual fact, so there that problem too. I still blame the internet.

Happy Friday! :p

kavahana

Los Angeles, CA
Kava Vendor
It could very well be a matter of education and it probably is in some cases. I think more and more people change the narrative and distort the facts to fit their own delusional reality. There are 0 sited scientific articles on that blog. "Dr AXE" is probably no more real than the alleged expertise and "advice" on that page.

It has that freshly scammy vibe, it doesn't take a genius to read through the bullshit. Unfortunately people also believe whatever they read without consideration to actual fact, so there that problem too. I still blame the internet.

Happy Friday! :p
The site is essentially an automated media operation where they'll cover almost every topic imaginable to have SEO for all topics. This requires tons and tons of writers (or now just a GPT plugin), so I would not be surprised if this one came from either a writer or some bad source material in GPT.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Oh boy, I suggest a search web search on 'Dr Axe quack'. Examples are here and here. The only 'supplement' he doesn't promote is snake oil, but he might not have been able to source 'organic' snake oil.
Sounds about as reliable as "Dr" Berg. This guy quacks hard with his doctor of cracking backs degree....but somehow dominates my youtube browsing.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Kava growing in Southeast Asia? I don't think so, tell me if I'm wrong though - Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, is Polynesia and New Zealand, Paupa New Guinea, Vanuatu and the Solomon islands is Micronesia. Asia is East of these islands and I have not ever heard of kava growing in Asia.