What's new

I Love Kava Friday The very last Friday of 2022

Lenticels

AluNaw
Let me give an example where someone took a harmless joke of a kava drinking challenge, as a threat and offered to exercise their 1st amendment right if he sees him show up .

Most of the time its as simple as people not understanding eachother.
Lol... I don't know about that...

Not really the flavor of thread(s) I'd go to, anyway, or interactions I would generally entertain very much.

Last edited:

kavapros

Kava Curious
Lol... I don't know about that...

Not really the flavor of thread(s) I'd go to, anyway, or interactions I would generally entertain very much.
Definitely not something I'm use to nor something I would participate in but it was interesting to see how both parties were totally misunderstanding each other.
It all started around ones opinion of kava and its cultural significance and ended with my example above.

Lenticels

AluNaw
Definitely not something I'm use to nor something I would participate in but it was interesting to see how both parties were totally misunderstanding each other.
It all started around ones opinion of kava and its cultural significance and ended with my example above.
Ah, you know what, I do recall seeing some drama concerning the whole cultural facet on The Kava Lounge Facebook group before.

But, ya know, it's Facebook... I mainly just look from a distance, lol...

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Thanks Groggy I totally understand what you mean and can honestly say I support this sentiment 100%
Perhaps you could explain how this review helps the community
Given your overreaction, it is like already done its job. You are a smart guy, think about it.
Looks like you're supporting this trash Kap'n. Nonetheless it's a damaging review regardless of how much he drinks, clearly he wouldnt know quality if it hit him in the face. Honestly speaking if the guy knew half as much as he thought he does he wouldnt have written this. You've got him labelled as a "review maestro" and he simply spitting BS at a product my team and I work very hard to produce. If he's not going to be specific about it he should remove this trash.
He's comparing us with another companies that don't even produce their own kava.
I know him personally as do most people in this forum, at least the core of us that have been here for many years. You were upset about something else, I understand, doesn't justify the reaction though.

kavapros

Kava Curious
Ah, you know what, I do recall seeing some drama concerning the whole cultural facet on The Kava Lounge Facebook group before.

But, ya know, it's Facebook... I mainly just look from a distance, lol...
Yes absolutely didn't chime in either until I figured out what was going on. By then it was too late comments were disabled or the thread was removed, can't remember.
Anyway just demonstrating the divide. Hope you're enjoying the kava have a great week

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Looks like you're supporting this trash Kap'n. Nonetheless it's a damaging review regardless of how much he drinks, clearly he wouldnt know quality if it hit him in the face. Honestly speaking if the guy knew half as much as he thought he does he wouldnt have written this. You've got him labelled as a "review maestro" and he simply spitting BS at a product my team and I work very hard to produce. If he's not going to be specific about it he should remove this trash.
He's comparing us with another companies that don't even produce their own kava.
You know you can always message me, David. I will do anything within reason to help resolve a situation. It's not all the time we catch every single mention of every vendor and what associated attitude may accompany it. Shakas is an extremely long-term member; therefore, we do not necessarily review every line of their submissions, and each member is entitled to their opinion, whether we agree with it or not. Sometimes comments are made offhandedly either in joking or simply because we, in error, think the vendor will never see it. I firmly believe that if this were brought up to the user personally, they would have taken your side into account without question.

Bottom line, you’re a great vendor. I can honestly say I've spent enough time getting to know you over the last year that I'm confident in your abilities, your love for this plant, and your taste for kava. We all have our days, but you should understand that there is no vendetta, you're an asset to the industry, and all one needs to do to become part of the Kavaforums family is ask. Some of us are spread out dangerously thin among all the different platforms involving kava, and we rely on interested vendors to contact us to make the first move about setting up vendor accounts. I apologize for not being clear on this subject.

-Jimmy

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
To me, when a vendor replies to a review is most often a positive sign that their kava is valuable and worth buying. Especially if it is to say, "Heey what are you talking about? Your experience is not like mine, what differences are we noticing?" Finally, around here, there are many types of sawdust, some which look kinda like kava and some not. I wouldn't be too concerned about that. At the heart of kava reviews, I do wish we all make a genuine effort to put flavor and texture/mouth numbing as primary observations of kava going in to a review. How the root looks beforehand is like judging the nutrient value of a compost by appearance, where it is the internal composition of such things which truly matters. Sure, kava may be light, dark, gritty, grainy, full of sticks or chunks or smooth as milled flax, it's about how relaxing it is, whether it tastes like wood or earth or flowers with a hint of sea salt and ginger, if it numbs the tongue and the cheeks or makes the body relaxed, quiets mind. These are characteristics I look for in kava and kava reviews.

Lenticels

AluNaw
mouth numbing
Isn't the whole mouth numbing thing, even in kava that does do it in some folks, a fairly inconstant phenomenon?

And as for taste, ehh, even the best-tasting I've had thus far in terms of dried/ground kava hasn't exactly knocked my socks off (read: I still don't like it)... you'd really have to go for something fresh-frozen from Pu'u O Hoku Ranch, I'd imagine, if taste is that important to you.

(I guess it's less the taste for me, though, and more of the slight visceral reaction immediately following its consumption; maybe this'll change eventually?)