What's new

Thoughts on Nangol Noble?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Nangol is consistently effective and relatively strong, it's one of my favs...the one draw back I have with it, is that it can be a bit 'edgy'...almost like it produces physical symptoms of anxiety but not the mental symptoms of anxiety. I've had similar experiences with 'Kava Vinaka'...sometimes Mo'i and couple others. It might not happen to everyone though.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
Nangol is consistently effective and relatively strong, it's one of my favs...the one draw back I have with it, is that it can be a bit 'edgy'...almost like it produces physical symptoms of anxiety but not the mental symptoms of anxiety. I've had similar experiences with 'Kava Vinaka'...sometimes Mo'i and couple others. It might not happen to everyone though.
Nangol is one that grew on me. Honestly at first, it was not my cup of tea. Going through the first lb i ordered made me realize how much I really enjoy this variety and will definitely be picking some more up soon.

T

Tylox

My last two batches have been 50/50 Nangol and Numbawan. Quite strong! There is a definitely an edge though, a spinning feeling...which I think is more from the Nambawan. Lots of fun, but the rest of my household likes their kava a bit more mellow.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
My last two batches have been 50/50 Nangol and Numbawan. Quite strong! There is a definitely an edge though, a spinning feeling...which I think is more from the Nambawan. Lots of fun, but the rest of my household likes their kava a bit more mellow.
This has to be one of my favorite sessions. When you mix these two, you unlock the secret of the ultimate krunk.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I have yet to have this happen, thankfully. I suffer from pretty bad anxiety, and anything to worsen my anxiety would just be terrible. I can see how for some people this particular strain would have that effect.

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
I love both Nangol and Nambawan, the latter being my favourite kava in the world. I've never blended them before, though. I'll have to try it now.
@Krunkie McKrunkface would you still say this is your favorite? I've been branching out. I used to stick to 11 year and Taveuni and the Tongans from Judd's lineup. I'm a an odd duck though. I love some Tongan's but Tongan Family Reserve which is in everyone's top 5 made me anxious and sick.

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
crazy I just mentioned the same thing. Mo'i and Tongan Family reserve have both made me super racy. Mo'i was horrid for me. I would never touch it again.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
@Krunkie McKrunkface would you still say this is your favorite? I've been branching out. I used to stick to 11 year and Taveuni and the Tongans from Judd's lineup. I'm a an odd duck though. I love some Tongan's but Tongan Family Reserve which is in everyone's top 5 made me anxious and sick.
Yes, nambawan is still my fave, but that’s just personal idiosyncrasy. Either way it’s damn good kava.