What's new

Time dilation, anyone?

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Does anyone else notice time slowwwwwws waaaaay dowwwwwn
on kava? I'm very interested in your experiences with this effect of drinking our favorite root. I'm talking almost psychedelic time dilation I've experienced at times.

I just looked at the clock and lived an eternity while the second-hand went around for 1 minute! I love kava.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah definitley been I the kava zone before !

Time passing is a very subjective and trippy aspect of living. It's a tool for sense perceptions, a way to organize around our world. It's a part of preception and ultimately is an illusion. Psychoactive substances alter the conversion of consciousness into sense perception. It's amazing.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah definitley been I the kava zone before !

Time passing is a very subjective and trippy aspect of living. It's a tool for sense perceptions, a way to organize around our world. It's a part of preception and ultimately is an illusion. Psychoactive substances alter the conversion of consciousness into sense perception. It's amazing.
Good insight, Mrbinx69.
I totally agree. Time is the biggest 'dog and pony show' our society has ever participated in. Total Illusion and distraction.

Kava blows a hole right in it, thereby unraveling my sense of societal norm and so-called 'reality'. And I love that it does that!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
The first time I tried kumakua I had an incredible experience of an increased awareness of time passing. The awareness of this caused it to be clearly illusory and mind based.
It's a great tool. Horrible master :)
Rare gem indeed. As it did not consistently cause such experience.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
The first time I tried kumakua I had an incredible experience of an increased awareness of time passing. The awareness of this caused it to be clearly illusory and mind based.
It's a great tool. Horrible master :)
Rare gem indeed. As it did not consistently cause such experience.
I second that. Kumakua wrecked me after the second shell. Looked at the ceiling for what felt like an hour. only turned out to be like 5 minutes.

D

Deleted User01

Ok youse guys, who spiked your coolaid? :LOL: I have never noticed time slowing down because by the time I do kava, I have already downshifted into relax mode. But my senses are not as finely tuned as many and maybe I'm just not paying attention. Next time I go on a Kava "trip", I will pay attention and let you know if the space time continuum seems to warp ... or not. Meanwhile, I want to know where I can get the kava that you guys are drinking. :D

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Haha I think its a mix of the persons state of consciousness changing and the substance at the same time. I've been at such transitional stages that water seemed to affect my perception. Just the nourishing liquid of life filling me up... sexual. :p

D

Deleted User01

I think in the old days, before the Shamans got involved, that was called "being giddy with joy" . Giddy being the key word as opposed to other Star Trekian descriptions. Speaking of Trekian, perhaps you have days where you feel like a "space cadet". :love: Anyhoo, I want to get a hold of that rocket fuel that you guys are drinking. :hungry:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hahaha! Did you try any of the more spacey kavas @Deleted User01 ? Like kumakua and hiwa. Those tend to do this to me . Vs say nene or moi.
Moi and nene tend to give me just some HD vision when the kavain kicks in hard. Then everything settles lol.
Maybe it's all the aCid I used to take :p

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I've experienced massive time dilation when smokin' the skunkweed, but never anything like that on
kava.

Kava does have a little bit of effect on time dilation, I would agree, but *nothing* like MJ does.

D

Deleted User01

Hahaha! Did you try any of the more spacey kavas @Deleted User01 ? Like kumakua and hiwa. Those tend to do this to me . Vs say nene or moi. Moi and nene tend to give me just some HD vision when the kavain kicks in hard. Then everything settles lol.
Maybe it's all the aCid I used to take :p
Ok, I'll bite. I'm doing Hanakapi Ai' mid afternoon. If you are right, I will get lots of extra work done before 5 since time will be at a crawl. If you are wrong, I'll still
be happy. :D Wants that overused phrase, oh yah, Win Win!

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, I'll bite. I'm doing Hanakapi Ai' mid afternoon. If you are right, I will get lots of extra work done before 5 since time will be at a crawl. If you are wrong, I'll still
be happy. :D Wants that overused phrase, oh yah, Win Win!
Let us know how the time goes. (Or doesn't go.). Ha ha.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I gulped my Hanakapi Ai'. I laid down on the couch with my stop watch and got ready to test the time theory ..... :sleep: And now it's morning. Sorry guys, the experiment went awry. I think I need to take the couch out of the equation next time I attempt this experiment.