What's new

To the newer members.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello new fellow kavasseurs. I have a few questions to ask of you, if you don't mind.

We're always looking for ways to make kavaforums more user friendly, and we need to focus on catering to the newcomer. In this spirit I would like to ask you if there is anything here you're finding difficult to locate, or understand. Is there anything you personally would like to see that we haven't spoken much about? Lastly, do you feel like your visit here is productive, and informative and would you recommend our community to someone who is curious about kava?

Sometimes it's difficult to view things with a new set of eyes, so I figured what's better than to ask the people who are doing just that?

Yours,
-Kap'm

Kava_newbie

Mi Kava, su Kava
I took me a little while to get the just of Kava and what it's all about. Perhaps an introduction to any new members might take away a little of the mysticism surrounding Kava. I know the Kavapedia addresses most of the questions I had but maybe a general "This is what Kava is" in plain easy to understand and honest language might help a bit.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
^-The sidebar on the front page of the forum has a section that says:
"New To Kava? Begin your journey by clicking here and visit our frequently asked questions wiki page."

but perhaps it needs to be moved up higher or lit up in a different color to make it stand out more.

D

Deleted User01

We could have one big paper with basic topics about Kava and plenty of links. Then one of us or all of us, sends the Newbie that link. The lurkers will see that too and they can check it out. Lurkers, we want you to join. Come join in the fun, please. I promise you that HeadHodge won't post your baby pictures. :D

DirTJerz

Error 404
I think by far the most important thing for somebody who finds this site is the quality and tone of the conversations that are going on in the Lounge. They show that everyone here is informed, helpful, friendly, and has a terrible sense of humor :ROFLMAO:. I mean, perhaps things could be tweaked be a little more accessible or organized to benefit the casual web surfer, but I think most people who can internet well enough to join the forum will find what they need to find soon enough.

So I guess I don't have any specific suggestions on the tweaking yet, but I just wanted to say that everyone's participation in the forum is where I think its real value lies! And I say this despite the Kap'm's house shoes being burned into my retina!

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I think by far the most important thing for somebody who finds this site is the quality and tone of the conversations that are going on in the Lounge. They show that everyone here is informed, helpful, friendly, and has a terrible sense of humor :ROFLMAO:. I mean, perhaps things could be tweaked be a little more accessible or organized to benefit the casual web surfer, but I think most people who can internet well enough to join the forum will find what they need to find soon enough.

So I guess I don't have any specific suggestions on the tweaking yet, but I just wanted to say that everyone's participation in the forum is where I think its real value lies! And I say this despite the Kap'm's house shoes being burned into my retina!
I like this too, given awful at joke making, it is a family friendly site with new mothers and such whom frequent

Roaddog

Kava Who?
You know what @Kapmcrunk , I have been here for a few months. Still new though. I must say, I have been members of several Forums over the years. This Forum by far, has the best community, and Forum functions, of any Forum I have seen. I flash around this thing like lightning. So I really don't have any requests, just compliments. Thank You folks for building such a wonderful forum. I can plainly see you put your heart into this. Thank you for that. Also I want to thank the others, who put so much energy into this, I would name you all, but you know who you are. Much love. Roaddog....

resiak

Kava Curious
One thing I've been looking for is a good list of the 6 different kavalactones and there effects. Is there one around?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
One thing I've been looking for is a good list of the 6 different kavalactones and there effects. Is there one around?
The Kavapedia Glossary lists the six kavalactones (under Chemotypes). But the effects for each one, you got me there. But I know exactly what you are asking for, so I'll dig out my book from Dr. Lebot and see what I can come up with for you.

resiak

Kava Curious
The Kavapedia Glossary lists the six kavalactones (under Chemotypes). But the effects for each one, you got me there. But I know exactly what you are asking for, so I'll dig out my book from Dr. Lebot and see what I can come up with for you.
Sweet, thank you sir.