What's new

Today's Kava Recipe!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Simple yet worth telling: LoLoMa Waka from FijiVanuaKava. I like wakas in general, and I buy this kava from time to time in between the single cultivars just to have a classic waka around the house. For me, wakas are pretty hard hitting and I prefer Vanuatu kava more for socializing say at a friend's house or online - Waka is great for me to shut the day off with, get bed ready.

This brew, I cleaned my strainer with boiling hot water then added a generous portion of roots to the cloth and some fresh cool water. The water warmed to room temp as I squeezed and kneaded. Suddenly the kava smelled too strong, and seemed about as thick as I'd want to drink it, so I poured the kava into a metal flask and refridgerated it for later. I'll take that to work with me. I refilled my brewing water and began working the second wash. 'I'll have this now, while waiting for my ride' I thought. Ended up tasting nice and being very balanced! I have a photo of the second brew, the one i drank. Bula!
IMG_20240524_141437.jpg

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Simple yet worth telling: LoLoMa Waka from FijiVanuaKava. I like wakas in general, and I buy this kava from time to time in between the single cultivars just to have a classic waka around the house. For me, wakas are pretty hard hitting and I prefer Vanuatu kava more for socializing say at a friend's house or online - Waka is great for me to shut the day off with, get bed ready.

This brew, I cleaned my strainer with boiling hot water then added a generous portion of roots to the cloth and some fresh cool water. The water warmed to room temp as I squeezed and kneaded. Suddenly the kava smelled too strong, and seemed about as thick as I'd want to drink it, so I poured the kava into a metal flask and refridgerated it for later. I'll take that to work with me. I refilled my brewing water and began working the second wash. 'I'll have this now, while waiting for my ride' I thought. Ended up tasting nice and being very balanced! I have a photo of the second brew, the one i drank. Bula! View attachment 13454
That’s a pretty dark second wash…