What's new

Powdered Kava Review Tongan Reserve Kava

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I bought this kava as the vendor said it was balanced tending to heavy which is my favourite type of kava right now. I initially bought 3 lbs but as soon as I tried it I ordered another 5 lbs straight away. This is an awesome kava that hits all the right spots for me. It is super light tasting but with a hint of pepperiness in the background due to the potency. I love Tongan kavas anyway but this is possibly one of the best kavas I have had. The effects come on quite quickly and strongly. First of all you notice a good numbing which stays with you a bit longer than some kavas. Then you start to feel deep relaxation starting in the mind and then flooding through your body. I would say this has heady effects but the body effects are more noticeable. Subsequent shells lift the effects noticeably until after 3 to 4 shells you are left in a happy, floating place. I have drunk this kava quite a few times now and I can say that I only had slight nausea a couple of times. Once was because I used too much root. I just don't need 8 tbsps. of this kava! The other time was almost certainly due to not straining properly. When used in a reasonable amount and well strained I have felt nothing but waves of relaxation and calm. I would say it has a reasonably sedative effect but it didn't knock me out. When I want to sleep afterwards I sleep really, really well. If I want to stay up and talk or watch tv or whatever I can do so without being a zombie. If you're looking for similar effects to the above then I definitely recommend this kava. I have plenty of it in stock now and I will be keeping this one in stock as a daily drinker. This has gone straight to the top of my must have kava list. Just awesome.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Great review! I liked the Tongan Reserve too but didn't feel it quite as strongly as you. Maybe I need to use more root. I usually go 2tbs for 2 cups - one more tbsp might be the key!!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Great review! I liked the Tongan Reserve too but didn't feel it quite as strongly as you. Maybe I need to use more root. I usually go 2tbs for 2 cups - one more tbsp might be the key!!
8 tbps into 4 cups spaced out every 45 mins was either too much root or not enough time between shells as I felt great during but a bit funny after. 6 tbsps. into 4 cups is about right for me. If I'm pushed for time in the evening I would go for 4.5 into 3 or 3 into 2. 2 into 2 does sound a bit weak of any kava.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ordered another 2 lbs to be delivered to my other home in Wales. That's 9 lbs now ::chugger::