What's new

Tonight's Kava Ceremony

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I am here. enjoying the winter with Kava this fine eve. I began with a handmade shell of Squanch Waka, first I took a big block of frozen roots out of the freezer and threw it on the stove in a metal pan with water on Low Heat.

Next I took a cotton cloth and cut it carefully with a knife to grab a square. I shook out the square and put 1/3 cup or 6Tbsp Kava root on the cloth, folded it up to squeeze it. I squeezed it for about 6 minutes, give a minute to stir the frozen roots on the back. I prepare it in a large bowl directly on the stove and stir with a wooden spoon. While all loose roots belong in the pan on the stove, the bowl I'm kneading is smooth and free of chunks or splinters.

After a kettle of water begins to simmer, I pour more water on my Kava and knead for ten more minutes. I stir, bring to a wooden chair with a sleeping cat, drink.

The roots on the back are still being stirred in hot water. I will cut more cloth to strain them, and squeeze them in fresh cold water, then strain both mixes again into a bowl for enjoyment. I have already boiled these roots and drank the extract once so far, it still smells like good grog. With chocolate milk, almond cereal, notes floating in the air.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I am here. enjoying the winter with Kava this fine eve. I began with a handmade shell of Squanch Waka, first I took a big block of frozen roots out of the freezer and threw it on the stove in a metal pan with water on Low Heat.

Next I took a cotton cloth and cut it carefully with a knife to grab a square. I shook out the square and put 1/3 cup or 6Tbsp Kava root on the cloth, folded it up to squeeze it. I squeezed it for about 6 minutes, give a minute to stir the frozen roots on the back. I prepare it in a large bowl directly on the stove and stir with a wooden spoon. While all loose roots belong in the pan on the stove, the bowl I'm kneading is smooth and free of chunks or splinters.

After a kettle of water begins to simmer, I pour more water on my Kava and knead for ten more minutes. I stir, bring to a wooden chair with a sleeping cat, drink.

The roots on the back are still being stirred in hot water. I will cut more cloth to strain them, and squeeze them in fresh cold water, then strain both mixes again into a bowl for enjoyment. I have already boiled these roots and drank the extract once so far, it still smells like good grog. With chocolate milk, almond cereal, notes floating in the air.
There's catharsis in the process of making kava that I feel is an important part overall for the experience.