What's new

Kava Dosages Tooth Extraction + Kava question

L

Lady Savafaeh

Hiya! First of all nice to meet everyone, recently got into kava via Calming Co, then branched off into KwK's stuff a week or so ago. Really love it (tried loa waka, borongoru, and pouni ono) and have been lurking these forums for a while now. However I have a question:

Just got two teeth extracted, currently on day 2, was given 875 Amoxicillin, 500 mg acetaminophen, and 800 mg ibuprofen (took them yesterday, only took the antibiotic today.) I'm also on hormones and spironolactone as a blocker is a diuretic so I'm sure I'll have to drink copious amounts of water lol.
Am wondering if its safe to make a brew? I do have extract (figured this was more logical - no debris potential) Just really wanna feel a little better/less miserable, or at least have a decent sleep.
If not, how long?

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
Well i had a teeth extraction one year ago. 3 at one time and a cyst which was there. I waited 1-2 days to drink kava, and when I did, my wound opened again and I had to go to the dr and they had to close it again. To me it seemed to be connected, this area reacted a bit sensitive. But might be a coincidence.

Sadly since one year there seems to be a inflammation in this area or they didn't get the whole cyst or did something wrong. But what I always realize is, after kava this region gets worse...

Might be a personal reaction.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Barring rare idiosyncratic reactions, the antibiotic is unlikely an issue.

Acetaminophen dose is low but the double common low dose of ibuprofen is on top of that IDK. I'd be wary to use kava in that setup but not yet really afraid, and would take healthy food and N-acetylcysteine to compensate if I really, really needed kava that night. It is pushing it but very slightly.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
N-acetylcysteine protects liver against paracetamol/acetaminophen toxicity, well-aimed choice. It partially and only partially makes the life of liver easier when it processes kava.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I had a small operation in Vanuatu a while back, and asked the doctor if the prescribed antibiotics would be affected in any way by my kava drinking. He said it would not have any affect at all so long as I stayed hydrated.