What's new

Tried over 25 kava's, looking for one that doesn't make me tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I have tried over 25 kava's(see below) and the only one that hasnt made me tired is Pouni Ono. Could it be just my particular body chemistry, or would you have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
-Wakacon Waka, Lawena
Lami
-KWK Vula Waka,Loa waka, Pouni Ono,Borogu, Borongoru, concentrate drink
-GHK Moi',Nene
-BKH 11 yr old micro,Premium Blend, Taveuni Waka, Eua,Nambawan, Nangol Noble
-Kava Tradition Black Label
- Kavafied Kava Supreme, and Fiji blend
-24 Wave
-N@H Stone, Solomon,Wow,White Sand, instant fire island
-Squanch waka blend

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I drink 8 tbsp in 32 oz of water over the course of 90-120 min. Powder prepared by kneading in a strainer bag for 10 min.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I drink 8 tbsp in 32 oz of water over the course of 90-120 min. Powder prepared by kneading in a strainer bag for 10 min.
Apparently heady kavas affects you the opposite way, try some GHK Mahakea and see how it you feel.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I dunno, 8 TBS of medium grind over 2 hours, pretty much any kava would make me feel tired, to be honest. I try to stretch 6 TBS over at least 4 hours and I still end up fairly tired by the end of it, but in a good way. If I stretch it to 6 hrs, I feel even more tired, again in a good way.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I dunno, 8 TBS of medium grind over 2 hours, pretty much any kava would make me feel tired, to be honest. I try to stretch 6 TBS over at least 4 hours and I still end up fairly tired by the end of it, but in a good way. If I stretch it to 6 hrs, I feel even more tired, again in a good way.
Depends on the goal, but I tend to agree on this.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I just ordered some Mahakea and might order some Eua later. If one needs to wait 4 hrs after eating to feel the effects of kava, then you space out drinking it over 4 hrs, does this mean you go 8 hrs btw meals, or do you just start drinking kava two hrs after eating? Thanks.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I just ordered some Mahakea and might order some Eua later. If one needs to wait 4 hrs after eating to feel the effects of kava, then you space out drinking it over 4 hrs, does this mean you go 8 hrs btw meals, or do you just start drinking kava two hrs after eating? Thanks.
I don't really do much spacing it out. Alot of people here eating a fatty meal shortly after ingesting Kava, apparently it boosts the effects.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
N@H Solomon makes you tired? Woowzers! That stuff is like strong coffee for me. Black Sand maybe? You must be very hypersensitive to the Dihydro kavalactones, regardless of their %. When I get really tired on kava and didn't intend to I just drink some coffee. Might be a good way for you to wake up, oh and yeah I agree with taking less kava too. Good Luck!!!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
You also need to drink it a lot faster then in 90-120 minutes, drink it in 30 minutes or less.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Krunky, are you saying that kava will make one leas tired if one drinks kava in a short amy of time as opposed to spacing it out? Say in both instances, you start at 3 pm, and in the first instance you finish in 30 min. and in the other instance 2 hrs. By 7:00, wont you feel equally tired?

Status
Not open for further replies.