What's new

Kava Preparation Triple aluballing alternative method or the three ball rewash method

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I posted a long time ago about triple aluballing where I was adding an extra ball before shaking each subsequent shell. Tonight I tried something a little different and it worked quite well. I'm sure plenty of people already do something similar.

So I shook up the first shell then put the used ball in a separate jar in the fridge. I did that another two times so I had 3 balls that had been used once. Then for the last shell I put the 3 used balls together and shook those. I was pleased with the last shell as it came out similar in strength to the first 3. I thought I'd share this.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting.
I myself, have been Triple Balling for a while, but it was always 3 balls simultaneously.
I'm curious what the premise is, for why it works better, this way.
Nevertheless, I will have to try it.
Thank You

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Interesting.
I myself, have been Triple Balling for a while, but it was always 3 balls simultaneously.
I'm curious what the premise is, for why it works better, this way.
Nevertheless, I will have to try it.
Thank You
Well I think the best shell of kava you will ever get out of an aluball is with fresh root. So you're doing that 3 times and having nice shells each time. Then the last one is only a second wash of 3 x your original dose which gives you close on to a good shell.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Well I think the best shell of kava you will ever get out of an aluball is with fresh root. So you're doing that 3 times and having nice shells each time. Then the last one is only a second wash of 3 x your original dose which gives you close on to a good shell.
I get it now.
It makes perfect Kava Sense !
Thanks

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Why stop at 3 Aluballs though ? :p
Someone should try a Quadru-baller, using bigger jugs of course.
Or 5?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I discovered the Triple Balling about a year ago.
And was a little hesitant because I didn't know if it would work good enough in the smaller size bottle by Aluball
But it did