What's new

UK vendor

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
TLDR: one of the worst and best kavas sampled.

I ordered two types of kava, extremely different ones, according to my meager experience level (dozen different micronized or traditionally prepared medium grind ones). I tried them separately and combined.

Source: United Kingdom, maybe affiliate in Belgium.

I ordered some kava for Mukiko, a shiba inu (doge).

1. Solomon's Headhunter
...was definitely potent because it had pronounced local anaesthetic effects. Taste was worse than average, the nauseating effect was on the stronger side. It appeared to be devoid of psychoactive properties. However, there was a sedative effect with slow kinetics that did not appear to facilitate falling asleep while it may have facilitated morning sleep. There was no clear muscle relaxation / body feeling and there definitely was no anti-anxiety or emotion reducing effect.

2. Fijian Kadavu, on the other hand, may have been the BEST kava I have ever sampled. The taste was definitely between average and very good. Kadavu had pleasurable body feeling, definitely anti-anxiety and maybe euphoric, too. The sedative effects were clearly present but comfortably in the background. I think Kadavu would work well in a peaceful apartment party setting as an equivalent of a few glasses of wine, as well as a drink before a nap.

I tried 1 and 2 together. The #1 may have provided some background, #2 provided short-lived effect, and the after-effect of #1 and #2 seems to be mainly sedation and reduction of anxiety. Hint of nausea (high dose, 3+3+2+2 heaping tablespoons).

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast

I ordered two types of kava, extremely different ones, according to my meager experience level (dozen different micronized or traditionally prepared medium grind ones). I tried them separately and combined.

1. Solomon's Headhunter
...was definitely potent because it had pronounced local anaesthetic effects. Taste was worse than average, the nauseating effect was on the stronger side. It appeared to be devoid of psychoactive properties. However, there was a sedative effect with slow kinetics that did not appear to facilitate falling asleep while it may have facilitated morning sleep. There was no clear muscle relaxation / body feeling and there definitely was no anti-anxiety or emotion reducing effect.

2. Fijian Kadavu, on the other hand, may have been the BEST kava I have ever sampled. The taste was definitely between average and very good. Kadavu had pleasurable body feeling, definitely anti-anxiety and maybe euphoric, too. The sedative effects were clearly present but comfortably in the background. I think Kadavu would work well in a peaceful apartment party setting as an equivalent of a few glasses of wine, as well as a drink before a nap.

I tried 1 and 2 together. The #1 may have provided some background, #2 provided short-lived effect, and the after-effect of #1 and #2 seems to be mainly sedation and reduction of anxiety. Hint of nausea (high dose, 3+3+2+2 heaping tablespoons).
I have tried both of those kavas. I think I know what you mean about the Solomon headhunter because it was kind of hard to place the effects but I did actually like it quite a bit.

The Kadavu was very good too. Very dreamlike.

But also, I still have some of this same vendors Vanuatu Waka. Honestly it's the only kava I've got in the house which I very rarely use because it's too strong for me and I'm actually a little bit apprehensive of it no kidding.

It really destroys me every time.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

1. Solomon's Headhunter

I agree about the Kadavu but I think you might need to give the Headhunter a bit more time because that's one of my cat's favourites.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Yet, here you are, risen like capital of Arizona from the ashes. What do you mean?
Well, I found the phrasing of your question tather strange, but I'm sure it's a matter of loss in translation so I'll just try and spell it out.

It's really incredibly simple. "Destroys" is just a descriptive proverbial acronym to mean....affects very strongly/very heavily....very strong kava to me personally.

If all my kavas affected me equally, I would have trouble going about my ordinary business on a daily basis.

I was just saying, and I thought it was perfectly plain, that the Vanuatu Waka is very potent in its effects, to me personally.

Just because I am "alive" or "conscious", as it seems you imply strangely, it can't be the case that the Vanuatu Waka is so potent to me personally.

Plus I never said anywhere if and when I last had some of it. So I could have been in the ashes for a week before rising, I didn't specify.

I just said, in a pretty commonly understood descriptive fashion, that it's very strong kava, IMO.

Surely that statement can be validly expressed? It seems you suggest otherwise, as if it is invalidated by me being capable of formulating verbal expression.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks, I just intended to get more information about the more specific nature of such dramatic effects.
No worries. I didn't mean to come across as- Stand offish. I literally just spill my mind, say what I think but it's never personally driven or in retaliation.

Now we're "on the same page" lol as we say in England.

Indeed, and it could just be me, but the potency of that Vanuatu Waka in the black bag, really stuns me.

I would never consider prepping 30 grams of it for example.

Just 10-15 g in an Aluball, occasionally.

I swear each time I have that kava, I get so affected by it, and I have a number of reputed, high strength kavas here including Koro, Borongoru, Kavatime Savusavu, WoW, Kelai, Tongan Family Reserve, Kadavu and more....but the Vanuatu Waka is the only one I hesitate to use because it's effects are debilitatingly strong for me personally.

Hence my use of the term- Destroys me! Sorry for the confusion.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Headhunter
It is as if a strain that has a long acting comfortable mild stimulant effect that somehow balances the sedative effect. That may explain why it does not have clearly perceptible effects. Not much for muscles either.

6 tablespoons produced only minimal physical kava sensation other than relatively intense sensory numbness, yet 2 tablespoons still has that longer duration perhaps most pronounced effect being appetite suppressant rather than very mild stimulant effect.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It is as if a strain that has a long acting comfortable mild stimulant effect that somehow balances the sedative effect. That may explain why it does not have clearly perceptible effects. Not much for muscles either.

6 tablespoons produced only minimal physical kava sensation other than relatively intense sensory numbness, yet 2 tablespoons still has that longer duration perhaps most pronounced effect being appetite suppressant rather than very mild stimulant effect.
It sounds like that one just doesn't do anything for you. That happens sometimes, different people get different results from the same kava.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
It is potent but just not very sensational/psychotropic/muscle relaxant or, thank god, long term sedative. Appetite suppression is very strong with this one. It matches well with kadavu. Perhaps 'worst kava' and 'best kava' were a bit hyperbole because of 'different kavas for different occassions':)