What's new

Vanuatu 3 Limited Edition Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
I always heard great stuff about this kava, but it was out of stock for a while, so I waited, and the minute the email came saying it was back I ordered a pound.

First off, Im not fond of the packaging used for this kava, there is no zipper on the bag, and the bag doesn't even look nice. I like to have the aesthetically pleasing kava from other vendors, with this one I have to open it up and keep it in a big ziploc bag.

At first I thought the taste was mild, but it was because I wasn't using enough. This is not potent like other varieties Ive tried, so when I used my usual 3 tbsp it was light, but with this kava I need about 6 tbsp. Once I did it like that I noticed a strong bitter taste, however a light colour, more grey then the usual

I did notice sociability and improved mood, but no euphoria that I was expecting from a high kavain chemotype
On the plus side, this kava makes me REALLY focused, I was pleasantly surprised with this effect, i read the newspaper for a while after a coupe shells which is something I could otherwise never stand to do

However it did cause me to become very dizzy each time which Ive never experienced from other strains which is the reason why I really do not like it

2/5

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I actually love this specific kava, it seems highly uplifting as well as hitting you hard like a heavy kava. Kind of like an energetic version of Stone. I liked it so much i have a 10lb box sitting in my giant kava stash pile.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
In my experience, this kava is pretty weak. I need double my usual dose to make it work. Perhaps older batches were stronger as it has earned a reputation.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I purchased it around a year ago, and that was my last time. Weak was an understatement. I might as well had been drinking tap water infused with dirt from the back yard and chalk. I can't speak for the newer iterations of van3 but the one I got failed to live up to even kona expectations....but it does sound like he's back on the right track with it now.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, still got a ton of it left and i might as well throw it away. That's too bad because Rex seems like a sweet dude.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Weird, maybe you all got a shit batch. I'm no lightweight either, a drink on average no less than 8 but up to 12 tbsp of kava nightly.

jw2112

Kava Curious
I love V3 as my first kava of the evening. I blend it with coconut oil and warm water for 30 seconds then strain. As of now I use that and Fiji exclusively and I've tried everything. No aches or stomach issues. Excellent feeling. Good for social interaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@yepimonfire I think you're right. After all, the first batch of this stuff was reportedly the most legendary kava ever produced.

Last edited:

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
I was much better the first couple times I bought it, for sure!
I still have about a 1/2 Lb left, and it isnt even close to what the others were.
But, I would NEVER throw Kava away!

Just mix it with some other nice roots.
I usually make my normal, then Ill add a few tablespoons of the V3 to it; its widdling away.
Still has an effect, just not the greatness it once was.

gaia.tree

Kava Curious
I am on the fence about this particular medicine. Potency wise it is rather weak, the fiji I get from the local health food store for $30 a pound is much stronger, but the effects of this medicine are VERY nice and euphoric and mentally happy kine. I do get the body high too but it takes a lot, I have been drinking this medicine since I got it yesterday afternoon and my pound is about 2/3rds gone already!!! note I never measure my awa just dump it in the t-shirt and go for it. I usually make my awa medicine VERY strong and when I go out to the kava bar I am always dissapointed in the potency of their shells.

Steve973

Kava Curious
I have gotten this kava very recently. I think it's pretty awesome, and it's one of my favorites. Another one of my favorites is SI kava from N@H to give you a reference of what I like. The grind of this kava is *super fine*, and you will want to have a very fine-mesh bag. The resultant drink is light in color and very mellow tasting, but it's pretty thick. Like SI kava, this one is higher in mental effect and has less impact on the body. This current batch, to me, is among the strongest kavas I have had the pleasure to drink.

Hello all, I've been lurking around here for a couple weeks doing the research before I placed my first order. I'll have a pound of V3 waiting in my mailbox tomorrow. This is my first time trying kava, so thank you all for the great info I've picked up here. I'll add my review after I blast through the RT.

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Tapatalk

First experience with kava. I made a gallon of water with 1.5 cups root. I drank the whole gallon over the course of yesterday, ending around midnight. I didn't break through the reverse tolerance yet, but my dreams were incredible.

I made another gallon this morning with 2 cups of the V3. I don't mind the taste at all. I'm gonna keep downing a cup every thirty minutes throughout the day, on an empty stomach (waiting a few hours after meals)

Yeah, I'm sure I'm getting close. I finished a half gallon today, but now I'm taking a break until later tonight. I have a three day weekend, so I figured I would use my time constructively

Status
Not open for further replies.