What's new

Powdered Kava Review Vanuatu Kava Root Powder

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
cpReview
{"Grade":10,"Potency":8,"Mind":6,"Body":8,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":8,"Taste":"-5","Preparation":"2 AluBalls with 2 tbsps in each. ","Duration":"First effect 2 hours, second 5 hours.","SideEffects":"I did a kava burp.","Headline":"It melts the sensory overload and puts a warm blanket of snow over everything."}
fullsizeoutput_846.jpeg

I’ve bought Vanuatu Kava Root Powder many times from Kava Kauai. Great Kava for a price so that I can afford it here in Sweden!
It’s the cheapest kava they have, but it’s still one of the best kavas I have tried!

It’s organically grown without any chemical pesticides or fertilizers. Only the prized lateral roots are used. No leaves, stems or aerial plant parts are used. The kava variety is Borogu from Pentecost Island in Vanuatu and the chemotype is 246531. One pound (453g) of kava powder makes approx. 12 quarts (11.4 liters) of kava beverage.

I’ve never had any trouble ordering and never have I read or heard a bad word about them. They are now my number one go to for daytime kava.

First of all, I never eat for at least 3 hours before drinking kava.
The fine grind is great for the AluBall. I generally use 2 AluBalls with 2 tbsps in each. I half-fill a typical coffee cup with water and put it in the microwave oven for about 1min, then I fill it with cold milk or oat milk. The liquid is lukewarm when I pour it into the AluBall bottle. I shake the bottle for quite a while to the dismay of my coworkers.
The taste is a bit peppery, but also very earthy. Like licking rocks in the aftermath of a rainstorm when the rainbow comes out to play. So does it smell like rain on the lawn. Very pleasing!

After about 20min of bothering my coworkers with random anecdotes and trivia I half-fill my coffee cup with coffee and then fill it with cold milk or oat milk. I pour it in the AluBall with the balls containing the same kava as before. I call this ”The Second Wash”. I shake that thing again. For how long? At least 5min.
After drinking "The Second Wash" I put the bottle, with the kava still in the balls, in the fridge. There it has to rest for "The Third Wash" later to come, when I feel like it. Often I only just use cold water when I do "The Third Wash" and "The Fourth Wash".

Now I don’t like using more of this kava powder than this, because if I over do it I get some nausea. Stomach cramps. If you get the tummy aches with 4 tbsps you can add ginger powder to your kava powder.

The effect comes after about 20min. I feel joyful and calm. It melts the sensory overload and puts a warm blanket of snow over everything. When it comes to the anxiety relief effect I rate it 5.
On it’s own I find it sedating, because of that I add the coffee when I drink it at daytime. The #2 and #5 in the chemotype of the kava is responsible for sedating effects, and this kavas #2 is a bit high. I rate it 4 on sedating.
It’s very potent, in my opinion. On potency I would rate it 4. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I have tried other kavas that people say are stronger than this one only to notice that this one gives me more effect than those. Kava works differently on different people.
It’s high in #2 and #5 and as such it’s a heavy kava, but it’s still quite a bit heady. I would rate it 3 on mind/heady and 4 on heavy. Very pleasant and euphoric!

When the effects comes after 20mins it stays for about 2 hours, then it transforms into a more sedated, relaxed, feeling. This feeling goes on for about 5 hours more for me, where it feels like you are walking on a ferry. If I drink more after the first 2 hours I seem to just get more sedated, relaxed and out of focus. This is a great kava that I will buy over and over again.

fullsizeoutput_82b.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Good review! Your description sounds spot on for this kava. I can't speak on the pleasure of the lower dosages you were taking, since I never tried it that way, but I probably should have because it was really powerful.

It is truly one of the most potent kavas available online. It's quite sedating, one of those kavas that wraps you in it's roots and connects you straight to kava world. I'm not sure if the added potency comes from it actually having a higher kavalactone content, the chemotype or the super-fineness of the grind putting more sediment into your beverage. Maybe a combination of these things?

For me personally, the result wasn't all positive...at my dosage anyway. While I appreciate it's potency, it was the only kava I drank last year that brought me close to vomiting on several occasions. It can be quite nauseating and left me extremely worn down and zombi-like the next day.

So I guess this one's probably best enjoyed in lower doses or used in a blend to add some depth and potency to wealth of weak or average kavas out there.

I won't make any tudei/nobility claims but I will say that even if it is 100% noble, my experience with it mimicked the effects and side-effects of tudei.

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
When evening comes rolling in I take my VL-1 and play and play and play...
This is me playing:
[MEDIA]

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
Good review! Your description sounds spot on for this kava. I can't speak on the pleasure of the lower dosages you were taking, since I never tried it that way, but I probably should have because it was really powerful.

It is truly one of the most potent kavas available online. It's quite sedating, one of those kavas that wraps you in it's roots and connects you straight to kava world. I'm not sure if the added potency comes from it actually having a higher kavalactone content, the chemotype or the super-fineness of the grind putting more sediment into your beverage. Maybe a combination of these things?

For me personally, the result wasn't all positive...at my dosage anyway. While I appreciate it's potency, it was the only kava I drank last year that brought me close to vomiting on several occasions. It can be quite nauseating and left me extremely worn down and zombi-like the next day.

So I guess this one's probably best enjoyed in lower doses or used in a blend to add some depth and potency to wealth of weak or average kavas out there.

I won't make any tudei/nobility claims but I will say that even if it is 100% noble, my experience with it mimicked the effects and side-effects of tudei.
I'm quite sensitive to kava. Even I get some side-effects of large doses of this kava, but I tend to get that from most kavas.

The super fineness of the grind is great for the AluBall and raised the overall rate. I put kavas in the blender if they are not so fine grinded, I want the most out of my kava. But maybe that makes one a little bit more ill...