What's new

Vanuatu National Kava Strategy Includes Ban on Planting Tudei Kava

violet

Do all things with love
@ApéroNoble Sorry that happened to you and some others, and it was well over a year ago if I recall correctly. That doesn't negate that we currently have excellent vendors who commit to selling only noble kava, even if they aren't 3rd party certified.

There are a number of vendors who have product lines that continually change and update on a frequent basis, so much of the information should be accurate if you are researching what kava to buy that is noble.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
@ApéroNoble Sorry that happened to you and some others, and it was well over a year ago if I recall correctly. That doesn't negate that we currently have excellent vendors who commit to selling only noble kava, even if they aren't 3rd party certified.

There are a number of vendors who have product lines that continually change and update on a frequent basis, so much of the information should be accurate if you are researching what kava to buy that is noble.
I am not researching which kava to buy. I have my favorites, however i'd hate to see newbies get stuck with bad kava or kava to made illegal because people are getting sick drinking tudei. Thanks for saying you're sorry though, even though it was not your fault sweet violet.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
While the safety of tudei kava may still be a controversial issue for some, it is not the issue here. A decision has been made, and be it safety, functionally, or politically motivated, that horse is dead, and further debate can bear no fruit. I and many, many others know the value of consuming traditional noble kava, as well as the problems frequently encountered with tudei. This Forum is filled with testimonies of individuals who were thrilled to find out the difference, and who are now able to improve their lives with noble kava. The Vanuatu Kava Act was not designed to "protect" ceremonial kava; it was intended to preserve traditional kava.

I'll say it again: The debate over "safety" and all other issues is over. I'm sorry some are not happy with the outcome, but that's that. This new Kava Strategy holds immense promise for improving the lives of all in Vanuatu, a cause that I have seen you champion on more than one occasion. It saddens me to see that some still hold their "all kava is safe" agenda in higher regard than this goal, and are willing to campaign against this Strategy merely because they believe all people have a "right" to tudei kava.
All very interesting information Deleted User, I have noticed you have become quite active again here in the forums, I am wondering when you plan on updating the COA information on your website from 2015? I get your concerns and respect your opinion but it seems to me that should be one of your highest priorities given your stance in these issues that you are clearly very passionate about.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
All very interesting information Deleted User, I have noticed you have become quite active again here in the forums, I am wondering when you plan on updating the COA information on your website from 2015? I get your concerns and respect your opinion but it seems to me that should be one of your highest priorities given your stance in these issues that you are clearly very passionate about.
This is true, but I believe Deleted User recently had a loved one move on, plus it's not his job. I am sure he will get back into it. Hard to do though with all the negativity being thrown his way imo

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
This is true, but I believe Deleted User recently had a loved one move on, plus it's not his job. I am sure he will get back into it. Hard to do though with all the negativity being thrown his way imo
And I am sorry for his loss, I think you mistake negativity with discussion, we are kava enthusiasts with differences in opinion, mine is not better than his or yours, or vice versa.

violet

Do all things with love
I am not researching which kava to buy. I have my favorites, however i'd hate to see newbies get stuck with bad kava or kava to made illegal because people are getting sick drinking tudei. Thanks for saying you're sorry though, even though it was not your fault sweet violet.
I meant "you" more generally, you've been here long enough that you definitely know better.

Unfortunately most of the people who initially purchase and consume an inferior kava product usually don't find us here and learn proper information until afterwards.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I just updated several COAs, but as I have said there has been no lapse in testing, just in administrative work. You might note that TK is one the very few sites that actually offer COAs, and that the others claim a 2 year expiration date!
I see 2 updated COA's

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Getting a little off topic but this has peaked my interest.
While I fully trust and have great respect for TK and the certification they offer, it would definitely be beneficial to have easier access to the up-to-date COA's ( mainly to satisfy my own curiosity of possible changes in chemotype and KL%)
I guess the question I have is how do we know if the current COA is for the current batch being sold? Are the roots with test dates back in fall 2015 still the ones being sold? Not that there's anything wrong with a well sealed year old powder, but it may explain why it appears many tests are out of date.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Getting a little off topic but this has peaked my interest.
While I fully trust and have great respect for TK and the certification they offer, it would definitely be beneficial to have easier access to the up-to-date COA's ( mainly to satisfy my own curiosity of possible changes in chemotype and KL%)
I guess the question I have is how do we know if the current COA is for the current batch being sold? Are the roots with test dates back in fall 2015 still the ones being sold? Not that there's anything wrong with a well sealed year old powder, but it may explain why it appears many tests are out of date.
I would like to see it go one step further with labeling standards in place for each bag, along with a COA and/or a link to a current COA on a website. Ideally the label would include: Origin, cultivar (or mix), Total KL%/gram, each KL%/gram, FL%/gram and by some agreed to definition of Noble versus Tudei. I can think of more things but these would be the most helpful. If the industry wants to step up their game this would be ideal.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I would like to see it go one step further with labeling standards in place for each bag, along with a COA and/or a link to a current COA on a website. Ideally the label would include: Origin, cultivar (or mix), Total KL%/gram, each KL%/gram, FL%/gram and by some agreed to definition of Noble versus Tudei. I can think of more things but these would be the most helpful. If the industry wants to step up their game this would be ideal.
I could see the process of putting such labeling on each bag for each batch a little costly/inconvenient but ya a slip of paper or a link including said info would be cool to see. I'm sure it is the intention of TK to be making this info easily available and Deleted User is a busy man so I don't want it to come across as 'you aren't doing enough!' cause like he said not many others offer this info... just food for thought.
Sorry @Deleted User this probably doesn't belong in this thread.