What's new

Vendors you favorite

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
I like KBR because it is in my price range at 30ish a lb but often they run out of favorites and I have thought about looking elsewhere while waiting for a restock. Anyone know of other moderately priced vendors I could look into? Thanks so much!

Roaddog

Kava Who?
probably GHK. I know his stuff is safe. But I get a lot of Amazon, Kava, just to feed the masses. Just because its cheap as hell. But $30 isn't bad, what is KBR?Much love. Roaddog....

Never mind. Kava By Rex. I saw you post that on another thread. Much love. Roaddog....

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Difficult question. But so far I love Nakamal at Home for their Stone, and I just ordered a batch of Wow from them. Their free shipping for me is also very fast, but I'm on the east coast, so I guess that makes sense.

GHK has some great kava also, although, for the same reason as above I suppose, it takes while for me to get a shipment from them. Last time was 11 days, as compared to 2 days from NAH.

BKH kava also has some very fast delivery for me, even though their kava for me, so far, has not been up to the quality of GHK or NAH, but it's always been good. I'm getting ready to order some Nambawan from them, and hoping this is as good as it's rumored to be.

Kava by Rex, I loved their Vanuatu3, very heady. The Tongan Lightening that I am currently just finishing off, is not as good, but it's acceptable quality. Their price can't be beat.

I think it's difficult at this time, as I'm still somewhat of a kava noob, to say who is really my favorite vendor. But the ones I listed above are all good and I will definitely order from all of them again.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
probably GHK. I know his stuff is safe. But I get a lot of Amazon, Kava, just to feed the masses. Just because its cheap as hell. But $30 isn't bad, what is KBR?Much love. Roaddog....

Never mind. Kava By Rex. I saw you post that on another thread. Much love. Roaddog....
Roaddog, have you ever had any really good Kava from Amazon? I have some I ordered from them, it's Fu'u and it's very weak stuff. I mix it with Stone and it sort of makes the effect of Stone more interesting. But by itself, it's very meh kava.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I like KBR because it is in my price range at 30ish a lb but often they run out of favorites and I have thought about looking elsewhere while waiting for a restock. Anyone know of other moderately priced vendors I could look into? Thanks so much!
I think that Kava by Rex is a dependable vendor and like you said, the price is the best. If you even want to try some really potent kava and high quality kava, try Stone from Nakamal at Home. You will probably literally be shocked at how good it is if you've never had kava of that quality, seriously. It's expensive, yes, but well worth it.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I think that Kava by Rex is a dependable vendor and like you said, the price is the best. If you even want to try some really potent kava and high quality kava, try Stone from Nakamal at Home. You will probably literally be shocked at how good it is if you've never had kava of that quality, seriously. It's expensive, yes, but well worth it.
be careful though last time I had that there were serious tuday symptoms

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
@Hyperion

Wakacon's Fijian Waka is actually really good at just under $30/lb before shipping charges. I know they've taken a hit with the Vanuatu they offer(ed) being found out as Tudei, but at that time, the Fijian tested ok. The potency is rather good but the grind is haphazard.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
be careful though last time I had that there were serious tuday symptoms
Noukey, I believe if I am not mistaken, that Stone has been proven to not be tudei here on KavaForums through testing.

Also, I have to add, that I have never had any type of unpleasant effects from it, like any sort of hangover or still feeling it the next day.

ApéroNoble

Noukey, I believe if I am not mistaken, that Stone has been proven to not be tudei here on KavaForums through testing.

Also, I have to add, that I have never had any type of unpleasant effects from it, like any sort of hangover or still feeling it the next day.
It has been months since I tried it perhaps I got a laced batch I don't know, but I have to tell you bro it was awful; unlike any noble I've ever had

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
@Hyperion

Wakacon's Fijian Waka is actually really good at just under $30/lb before shipping charges. I know they've taken a hit with the Vanuatu they offer(ed) being found out as Tudei, but at that time, the Fijian tested ok. The potency is rather good but the grind is haphazard.
Ok, thanks. I saw the Wakacon Fijian when I was last looking for kava on Amazon. That's not what I have, it's a company named South Pacific Gardens. It's weird stuff. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think it's kava and nothing else, but it's nearly white and it's so damn fine that it goes right through a Fijian strainer. It's also very weak kava.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
It has been months since I tried it perhaps I got a laced batch I don't know, but I have to tell you bro it was awful; unlike any noble I've ever had
Totally different experience. I love the batch of Stone that I have, it's fantastic stuff.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
WoW was a little heavy for me in the beginning but that may be different now. Perhaps a birthday treat, although I was considering the Koniak I found at another vendor.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@Hyperion

Yes @Hyperion this is what I order from amazon. I test all my kavas anyway. Much love. Roaddog....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Difficult question. But so far I love Nakamal at Home for their Stone, and I just ordered a batch of Wow from them. Their free shipping for me is also very fast, but I'm on the east coast, so I guess that makes sense.

GHK has some great kava also, although, for the same reason as above I suppose, it takes while for me to get a shipment from them. Last time was 11 days, as compared to 2 days from NAH.

BKH kava also has some very fast delivery for me, even though their kava for me, so far, has not been up to the quality of GHK or NAH, but it's always been good. I'm getting ready to order some Nambawan from them, and hoping this is as good as it's rumored to be.

Kava by Rex, I loved their Vanuatu3, very heady. The Tongan Lightening that I am currently just finishing off, is not as good, but it's acceptable quality. Their price can't be beat.

I think it's difficult at this time, as I'm still somewhat of a kava noob, to say who is really my favorite vendor. But the ones I listed above are all good and I will definitely order from all of them again.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I see a review from you for your Vanuatu3. ::happyshell::

ApéroNoble

I've not had this issue with GHK and am on the east coast normally if I order on say Monday it arrives by Friday

D

Deleted User01

Too bad I can't show you Deleted User's Lab Tests. They got buried and now the link is really messed up. :banghead: @HeadHodge, check it out please. According to the tests, you get what you pay for. The cheaper Kavas for the most part are cheap because they are "blended" with Tuday (Tudei). If you have no problem with Tudei, then you are in for a treat and a
bargain. :whistle: GHK does have a few inexpensive non-Hawaiian Kavas that tested 100 percent noble. Once ALL THE VENDORS force the Farmers to sell 100% noble Kava, then the price is going up for all Bargain Priced Kavas. The Hawaiian varieties are more expensive than the foreign stuff because it is made in the good old U.S.A. but everyone already knows that. :smuggrin:

D

Deleted User01

Thanks Frosty, I see you've found a new friend. :rolleyes: Maybe a few more stray cats in his neighborhood? :hungry: Anyway, find those Tudei loving Hackers and I will find you a place to host the first Annual Zombie Labor Day BBQ Festival. Now to find a nice place dark place in the countryside where you can host this BBQ Monster Mash Bash. Get'er done Frosty!