What's new

WAKACON Lawena Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavakavakrunk

Kava = Peace
I'm sure this kava has been discussed but I ordered 1lb of WAKACON Lawena off Amazon for $26.99 and it is excellent kava. They also have 2 other kava's I plan on purchasing soon and are only a buck more. The Lawena is VERY fine and potent.. every bit as good as the other kava vendors I've tried. Arrived at my door in two days after my purchase. It reminds me of KBR Van3 but way more potent. This is a must try kava in my book and I will continue to purchase this kava for it's amazing effects. I rate this a 10/10 for the price! (y)

D

Deleted User01

There are a lot of fine but untested Kavas with unknown origins on the internet. I would urge everyone to do an Acetone Test on any Kava that has not been tested and please post the results on this forum as a service to the members. Thanks for the heads up kavakavakrunk.

kavakavakrunk

Kava = Peace
There are a lot of fine but untested Kavas with unknown origins on the internet. I would urge everyone to do an Acetone Test on any Kava that has not been tested and please post the results on this forum as a service to the members. Thanks for the heads up kavakavakrunk.
Hi Deleted User01,
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to also point out that Wakacon has a reputable name over at Amazon. I feel like Wakacon is taking a different approach and using Ebay/Amazon to obtain traffic to their product which is actually fairly smart of them considering no other vendors that we all know and purchase through post their product on Ebay or Amazon. I feel like we look at Amazon and Ebay kava like it is a foreign product that is no good, when actually, it is every bit as good or near as good as our main vendors. That's just my opinion.. I had the same perspective on it before purchasing and I was very weary of doing so but I'm very glad I did. Anything to save a couple bucks in this poor economy! :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I believe we've in the past mistaken lawena kava for kava made from the stem of the plant, however lawena is the upper basal stump or corm of the kava plant which is included with most blends of kava to balance out the taste vs strength. I believe the only type of kava that doesn't contain it would be waka or 100% lateral root kava which tends to be more bitter, and generally stronger.

I've also heard lawena contains a higher percentage ratio of kavain as well. I think I'll eventually try some that's 100% lawena.

Also as good of a deal as it seems it still about par with Bula Kava House's Boroguru. BKH= $27.27 / lb WAKACON= $26.99/lb (And no, Judd, you shouldn't sell by the pound. We'd rather buy in kilos :))

The prime shipping is where it gets to be a better deal.

I do wish wakacon would show up here and let us know about them. My only hangup with amazon/ebay sellers is that they've stayed very silent. Those out there that love kava and sell it are usually more outspoken about it. I'm extremely happy when I can see it's not all about the money.

kavakavakrunk

Kava = Peace
I believe we've in the past mistaken lawena kava for kava made from the stem of the plant, however lawena is the upper basal stump or corm of the kava plant which is included with most blends of kava to balance out the taste vs strength. I believe the only type of kava that doesn't contain it would be waka or 100% lateral root kava which tends to be more bitter, and generally stronger.

I've also heard lawena contains a higher percentage ratio of kavain as well. I think I'll eventually try some that's 100% lawena.

Also as good of a deal as it seems it still about par with Bula Kava House's Boroguru. BKH= $27.27 / lb WAKACON= $26.99/lb (And no, Judd, you shouldn't sell by the pound. We'd rather buy in kilos :))

The prime shipping is where it gets to be a better deal.

I do wish wakacon would show up here and let us know about them. My only hangup with amazon/ebay sellers is that they've stayed very silent. Those out there that love kava and sell it are usually more outspoken about it. I'm extremely happy when I can see it's not all about the money.
I like your insight on this kapm'! I hope to see more of Wakacon in the future as well. I can see that being true about Lawena being higher in kavain and personally, that is why I must like it. It is definitely a more "heady" kava than other kava's I've tried. I used a full cup of root last night and split the grog into 3 portions. I definitely went lights out at the end of the 3rd!

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
i tried the lawena a while back and it seemed mediocre to me. Then again, I might not have given it much of a chance and started using it as filler with other kava until it was gone. Might give this one a go again along with the Fijian since it is so easy and cheap to acquire.

kavaface

Kava Curious
I have had this more than a few times, they sell it on ebay as well ..it is very good but its been out of stock for a while. Gonna have to check amazon next time..i dont think its tudi..its very heady

D

Deactivated Account

Lewana is generally regarded amoungst Fijians as weaker & most wont drink it (well all those i know) Kava in Fiji is basically Waka mostly (roots) & Lewana (stem). The Lewana ive drank was weaker & more bitter. The fresher the stronger it is ive noticed also.

All my fijian friends just bring in & drink unbranded waka.

This is a bag they gave me yesterday. Not bloody bad at all.

IMG_0711.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.