What's new

We are all wimps and it seems that kava is safer than water

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
There was this time, around the time I had just developed agoraphobia, that I developed some extremely severe hypochondria. I stopped eating almost anything except vegetables and fruits I mixed up in a blender. I also had one chicken breast per day. I completely cut salt out of my diet, and I started drinking hilariously dangerous amounts of water. Eventually, I couldn’t sleep at all, and, when I did “sleep” for a few minutes, I woke up saying “It’s the potatoes.” To this day, I don’t know what I had against those potatoes.

So, yeah. Drinking too much water - and not getting enough sodium for that matter - can be pretty bad for you. I was also tremendously fatigued, I could feel my blood pumping in my carotid arteries, and I had terrible muscle pain. It sucked.
Maybe your body was craving starches.

klimbo

Ive dependably been on the thin side however I do feel that kava forestalls weight gain. Extremely inquisitive regarding why however. 40 bowls per day of kava appears excessive, on the off chance that he dozes no less than 8 hours per day (with that much kava you would need to!) Pnr Status TextNow VPN that is very nearly over two shells each waking hour..

Last edited:

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Let me repeat it: a 12h "kava binge" on top of "his normal daily consumption of 40 bowls daily for the last 14 years". Wow. I bet drinking 40 bowls of water per day could cause some serious health issues.
You would think, that it'd cause some health issues.
But wait a second, isn't drinking 40 bowls of kava, the same thing as drinking 40 bowls of water, with the only difference being that root powder is added ? lol

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I lost a lot of weight, but I did not believe it was a direct effect from the kava.
I was certain it was the result of fasting so much during the day, in order to get the best effects out of each kava session

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I lost a lot of weight, but I did not believe it was a direct effect from the kava.
I was certain it was the result of fasting so much during the day, in order to get the best effects out of each kava session
Same here I just felt a need to eat less more often because kava is filling. I've gotten the nausea and bloating but only when I was eating terribly while drinking kava and had a lot of micro. Kava otherwise is safe as far as I can tell. Maybe you'll experience some digestive issues or be too tired if you had too much at the wrong time. Like I couldn't go right to work after drinking my usual but in the morning even if I'm still pretty krunked my focus is fine if not better than usual. At worst I'm a little more slow but that's rare and it doesn't cause any other issues. Like today was one of the busiest days at work of the year I was still under the kava spell but I handled it just fine besides being a little more slow but then again I'm used to that. It's all up to the individual but one thing's for sure, kava isn't dangerous. If it was I wouldn't be here typing this.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Same here I just felt a need to eat less more often because kava is filling.
Another interesting example of how kava affects us all differently.
Rather than find it to be filling, I find it to be the exact opposite.
Drinking kava multiplies and intensifies my appettite.
I drink a few shells, and I'm just craving some kind of rich or meaty food, to the point I can't stand very long without eating.
I wonder if you add a good amount of milk or something to your kava to make it filling ?

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Another interesting example of how kava affects us all differently.
Rather than find it to be filling, I find it to be the exact opposite.
Drinking kava multiplies and intensifies my appettite.
I drink a few shells, and I'm just craving some kind of rich or meaty food, to the point I can't stand very long without eating.
I wonder if you add a good amount of milk or something to your kava to make it filling ?
Nope I add nothing to it, at most I tend to have some chips after, and as I go on for days in a row it only gets more filling. My breaks are more because that bloating in there tends to reduce how effective it is and to get more room for food outside of what I usually have for breakfast and lunch. Gotta fuel up sometimes, I'm on my feet a lot and tomorrow is one of those days. Probably one of the only things I don't like about kava.

What we’re overlooking here is that the man is TONGAN. Western white folks (I am white Polish/British) should check out for themselves the pile of evidence suggesting people are much better at tolerating foods and drugs that people of their ethnicity are accustomed to. Pacific Islanders have used Kava for literally millennia, and their bodies handle it far better. The jury’s out on what it does for westerners — this could explain the widespread disagreement over lava safety...

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Yup alcohol is mostly bullshit unless we are talking about traditional brews and infusions, that can get interesting. Ive always been on the slim side but i do feel that kava prevents weight gain. Very curious as to why though. 40 bowls a day of kava seems a bit much, if he sleeps at least 8 hours a day (with that much kava you would have to!) thats almost two and a half shells every waking hour. I guess that doesnt mean much due to the variability of strength with grog preference. Do tongans make their kava weaker like fijians or stronger like vanuatu people
I know this is years old, but also that you are still around here, so...

I can't tolerate alcohol physically due to a..erfy type respiratory reaction.
But years past, my friends soaked an ounce of Weed in a bottle of vodka.

I tried a shot of it and wow it was really something special, taste and effect.

We know to avoid the mix of kava and alcohol of course. But if that restriction was ot in place, I wonder if soaking kava root in alcohol for long periods would produce a different and more potent product?

I guess we will never know. Alhough I imagine that is how most kava extracts are made, alcohol ful.y dehydrated of course, so I guess it is already being done in a way.

I only tried a kava 30% extract one time. It was useful for spontaneous top ups of 250mg doses when my beloved kava high has diminished or changed hours later.

But I decided to just stick with pure, natural kava afyer and since, I decided it is healthier and more medicinal, cleaner etc. Although I may well try an extract again at some later point we'll see.