What's new

We need your help!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
1688069897463.png

Google is crapping all over kava again, and this time it's through their AI type system that searches websites and gives their "snippets" as quick answers to questions typed into the search field. The example we're using today is the phrase "kava liver damage". Above is what is displayed when you search for that phrase.

There is a button there below the snippet titled "Feedback"

1688070151948.png

Click it, and choose "This is misleading or inaccurate".

I put in the comment field:

These cases of liver toxicity have been disproven, and have been thrown out by the German courts.
Source: http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0035-1558295

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
View attachment 13108

Google is crapping all over kava again, and this time it's through their AI type system that searches websites and gives their "snippets" as quick answers to questions typed into the search field. The example we're using today is the phrase "kava liver damage". Above is what is displayed when you search for that phrase.

These cases of liver toxicity have been disproven, and have been thrown out by the German courts.
Done!

kavahana

Los Angeles, CA
Kava Vendor
Done! Crossing my fingers there’ll be some action. That UCLA article is essentially an op ed from some doctor, and when you click on the sources within the article, it links to the 2002 stuff! And the article is from 2018! So outdated.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
AI will **** us up in future, not only kava wise....
Not so much AI, humans with bad intentions will make AI unsafe also humans who wish to control AI under the guise that it is for AI security.

Those are the people we have to worry about and I emphasize people not the machines, these things are FAR from being sentient despite what people think of chat gp4.

The easiest solution in the future is to make sure everybody has access to AI, that way no one person can control it and exert it over somebody else that does not have ai, if everybody has it, it won't be a problem.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
View attachment 13108

View attachment 13109

Done...

Krunkmeister

Kava Curious
View attachment 13108

View attachment 13109

Done…

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just a little note to the actual text we're refuting here.

If kavalactones caused systemic significant reduction in glutathione to a level which would make themselves toxic, kavalactones would be the least of your worries. Glutathione (GSH) is one of, if not the most important and potent antioxidants in the body. With abysmally low levels of GSH, or ones that would cause kavalactones to be toxic would be met with a host of other systemic toxicities.

In the words of Dr. Schmidt:

"Glutathione deficiency would not require kava drinking to cause problems for the subjects affected – any substance metabolized through glutathione would cause this hypothetical toxicity. It should therefore be expected that glutathione deficiency is either not compatible with a normal life, or that intoxications would regularly occur, caused by a multitude of nutritional, pharmacological or environmental factors."