What's new

Weird Itchy Bug Bites Feeling? Possibly Kava?

greg99

Kava Curious
Hey all,

I just posted this on the kava Reddit but wanted to share it here:

I tend to doubt it’s the kava as I’m not a new user and nothings changed. Also most true kava “rash” (not dermo) I have seen tends to be higher up. Anyways. Read on!
IMG_4127.jpeg

Hey all!

I have used kava for almost probably 2 years now. No issues. Been a real joy in my life.

About 2 weeks ago I got what I thought and felt were bug bites all over my lower legs. Itchy as hell. I itched it so much I thought I may have infected myself.

Little red bumps just like run of the mill generic bug bites so to speak.

Small individual ones starting popping up on my knees. A few on the arms. Nothing higher.

So terribly itchy. Doc couldn’t figure it out as I haven’t been bitten at all…no weird foods. Nothing. Life as usual. Same amounts of kava. Same brands.

Kava is the only outlier in my life.

Has anyone had a weird itchy bug bite type outbreak on kava? Not dermopathy. Anyone a long time user and get this randomly. Seems like something maybe I would have got in the beginning.

Maybe it’s not kava. Just a conjecture.

On prednisone now and it seems to be looking better but still early days.

Hope I don’t wind up having to ditch kava.

greg99

Kava Curious
Just in case anyone wondered or stumbles onto this. Totally not kava related. Still a bit odd most likely some bug bites that needed prednisone.
Back to enjoying kava and no itch for weeks now.

kinderio

Is your rash on both legs? I'm on this forum searching "rash" because a rash just popped up on both of my legs around my ankles and the back of my legs, it is super itchy and prickly like stinging nettles. I tried Kava for the first time a few days ago, I can't think of any other thing that might have caused it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Is your rash on both legs? I'm on this forum searching "rash" because a rash just popped up on both of my legs around my ankles and the back of my legs, it is super itchy and prickly like stinging nettles. I tried Kava for the first time a few days ago, I can't think of any other thing that might have caused it.
What brand and type of kava were you consuming?

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Are you sure you can't find a flea? I had a few bites this year and it was in the same spot mostly, concentrated halfway between knee and ankle. Those little buggers!