What's new

I Love Kava Friday Well, look what we've got here.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That's right, kava lovers, we've reached the summit of another week! Friday is settling in and we're almost done with this week's race.

Enjoy your weekends! I hope it's awesome, and safe.

Remember that everyone (US only this time) who posts on this thread today will be entered to win one of these :)
coin.jpg

Bula!

Last edited:

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Bula everyone! Time to unwind. It was a busy week for me. Still, I have some work for today and tomorrow, but it will be a bit more relaxed.

What are you doing on your weekend?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Man, kava has been a lifesaver this week. It's really helped me get through some mentally rough spots. I'd like to thank Bula Kava House, Kalm with Kava, Gourmet Hawaiian, and Kava Society for making this week better than it could've been. Whew! ::chugger::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
What are you doing on your weekend?
Another action packed weekend of staying home and out of reach from these new corona variants. Might clean the house and the cars, but mainly my weekends are designated "recharge" time that doesn't usually involve all that much, but I assure you kava will be involved ;)

Precipitated

Kava Curious
Yass, finally it's friday, happy to put this hectic week behind me. And finally my package from Kava Society arrived after being 2 months stuck in the limbo somewhere.

So currently tasting some Melo Melo while enjoying some funky grooves by Di Melo. ::KavaChug:::headphones:

Bula!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
And finally my package from Kava Society arrived after being 2 months stuck in the limbo somewhere
Are you in the US? I'm curious because I've gotten my Kava Society packages in reasonable amounts of time, usually a little over a week.

Precipitated

Kava Curious
Are you in the US? I'm curious because I've gotten my Kava Society packages in reasonable amounts of time, usually a little over a week.
No, in the EU. Apparently the packages from to EU come through UK and there were quite large freight delays when shipping from the NZ to UK. Additionally, my country was one of those that cut off all travel with UK due to the new virus strain. So double whammy for me. But now it's here and quite enjoying this Melo Melo :)

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
Wow nice! And happy Friday everyone! I know I'll be chilling out with some nice medium grind once I get through my Friday work grind :LOL:

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I should have been getting my case packed for a two week trip to Hawaii, but sadly at the end of December decided to cancel as not worth the risk traveling with two little grandkids who probably couldn't keep masks on the entire trip. Get my second Pfizer vaccine on February 15, so if I can find a decent place to stay, I might, just might, take a solo trip out there in March. So in hopes of appeasing whoever or whatever, I'm going to be drinking some fresh frozen Spotted Hiwa from Pu'u O Hoku ranch . Gonna be a lovely weekend!

(By the way, I'm not yet 65. My birthday is not until October, but for some reason I got an invite to get the vaccine here in Orange County, California. I declined the first invite because there were people who needed it more than me. But then I got a second invite and thought what the heck, they want me to get it, so I'll take it!)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just an FYI I'll run the drawing during tomorrow's Zoom circle. Everyone that has commented on this thread is now entered to win. Cut off time 12:00 AM Saturday CST.

PurimGrogger

Because "Shell Silverstein" was already taken
Happy Friday. I wonder what kava is best for Super Bowl. I am from the Buffalo area and remember the 90s very well so the big game is sometimes triggering.
On that note here's a throwback article about kava and professional football (and Matt from Kavafied) that many of you have probably read.

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Bula Friday! Just turned my 73 yo Dad onto kava for minor pain management, starting him with KWK micro (melomelo) wanted to make it easy. He will be kneading full tanoas before I know it! Stay safe and stay rooted! ::kavaleaf::

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Yes. Hope you all enjoyed your Fridays where possible.

I received a new Kava this week- Vanuatu Bir Kar from NZ.

I do like it. Distinct to both Kelai, and Palarasul.

Indeed, quite instant acting as I read prior.

Nice strong smell too. Strong effect also. Definitely not immediately sedative, nor jitteriily heady.

But a nice mellow relaxation comes on gradually, never too heady.

I statrted my own Kava Fr with 25 grams Bir Kar, then 13 grams each Borongoru and Savusavu (not KT), then 10 grams each Koro and Bir Kar.

72 grams lovely kavas, was very nice.

6 week flu also suddenly gone, right on cue like always.