What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
My first ever session of Solomon Islands is soaking right now. I may go off the wall and also try a shell of WOW! before I go to bed.
Reading through this post again, what did you think of the Solomon Islands kava? That's one of my favorites and a kava shelf staple at my house.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I am drinking some of Chris's new Boroguru. I'm really hopeful this can become my go-to kava since my old standby changed to a fine grind.
Same here violet. I had to switch up my routine due to the finer grind on the BKH boroguru. I'm using a Fijian strainer and it's pretty much perfect. Takes a bit more elbow grease, but it makes a fine cup-o-kava.
Our Fijian strainer bags really work well for the finer grind. And since the grind is finer, you can actually squeeze out a stronger grog with less root. A little more effort may be necessary, but it's totally worth it.

Oh, and BTW, I'm drinking a combo of Melo Melo and Koniak today. Just about a perfect balance.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Oh heck yeah. I discovered the Fijian strainer is perfect for the smaller grind. I was a little disheartened with the grind size at first but since I tried the Fijian strainer I'm all happy again.

Just drank a 50gm of Marang Marang from Tanna. Mellow and not overpowering but still effective. It's the third time I have used that 50gm, I just store them in a big baggie and reuse them, Kava isn't too cheap in Europe so we need to make it last!
I also finished off a tub of Kava Caviar I bought from Gomoa in Hungary. It's an extract of concentrated Kava and my mouth is so numb it's like I have just been given an injection by the dentist http://gomoa.net/kava-kava-piper-methysticum/kava-kava-caviar-10g-p-3807.html

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@Bula Kava House, I just hit your link below, and wow, you got some great stuff. I will be placing an order. I want to try that sample pack. Really cool. Much love. Roaddog....
Thanks! We love all of our kava. It all gets fantastic reviews, although obviously people have their preferences. The Sample Pack is a great way to go. Enjoy!

violet

Do all things with love
Reading through this post again, what did you think of the Solomon Islands kava? That's one of my favorites and a kava shelf staple at my house.
The first couple sessions it made me real antsy, had a hard time sitting and getting work done even though it helped my focus. It was all good after that, the effects are what you might want if you plan on being awake for awhile after a session of it.

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
man.. I think I just discovered the definition of heady kava tonight.. Mixed up a 50% ratio of KVH Fu & Bogoru for the first time.....12 teaspoons in a half gallon ....<insert obligatory fireworks display here... cue the Barry White music> Wow.. Life is just good...

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Sound Like you(@Doobie Doo ) and I are having a similar experience. Not so sure about the Barry white, But Im up for some Greatful Dead. lol. Much love. Roaddog....

blindy107

Kava Lover
man.. I think I just discovered the definition of heady kava tonight.. Mixed up a 50% ratio of KVH Fu & Bogoru for the first time.....12 teaspoons in a half gallon ....<insert obligatory fireworks display here... cue the Barry White music> Wow.. Life is just good...

I have been doing 50:50 of BKH fu'u and boroguru for the last 2 weeks and it has been amazing! I started with 3 tbsp of each blended in cold water and coconut milk but I seriously got the nods within an hour so I dialed back to 1.5 tbsp of each so I could function. Perfection! Relieved my knees and shoulders and made me chatty. Gave me a strange head and face warmth I had never experienced as well.

D

Deleted User01

Hey blindy107, welcome to the forum! I can see you just joined today. Looks like you are already an experienced Kava drinker. :D I will tell you what I drank last night. I had a nitecap of Hiwa Micronized Syrup with a dab of Ginger Ale. Talk about wild dreams! Hiwa always leaves me trying to interpret my dreams the next day. Because I do remember them and they are complex. Take that as a warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

blindy107

Kava Lover
Hey blindy107, welcome to the forum! I can see you just joined today. Looks like you are already an experienced Kava drinker. :D
Thanks! Didn't see anywhere for intro so figured i would just jump in and respond.
I have been taking/drinking kava for about 9 months and enjoying it for about 6 months. ;)
All I know about it I learned sneaking around on these forums so figured I might as well join up. Originally looked into kava to replace the narcotic pain killers I had for foot surgery. Took a while to break through the tolerance cap but worth the wait.

I look forward to sharing and caring with the forums!

infraredz

BULA!
Nambawan is the best! One of my all-time favorites for sure.

Reading all this is making me jealous that I can't have all the wonderful kava I have sitting here because of my situation with my back/medications :(

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Now it's just what to drink hmm I was set on the Papa Ele Ele but I may go for the Hanakapi'Ai. Having some family over but it's been a long physical day also so trying to relax but not get too sleepy. Also this is Just in time for the day at the lake tomorrow. Many, many Kava Props to @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava for making my weekend!