What's new

What I like most about kava

Crunked

Proselytizer
I have pretty much stopped consuming alcohol. What I like most about kava, compared to alcohol (and I have never been a big drinker) is:

(1) I don't get the lethargy, couldn't be fu*ked to do anything more that I get with alcohol;

(2) I don't get the quick up and down roller-coaster effect that comes with alcohol;

(3) I wake up with an elevated mood, looking forward to the day, rather than dragging my ass out of bed, feeling down.

How about you?

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Crunked said:
I have pretty much stopped consuming alcohol. What I like most about kava, compared to alcohol (and I have never been a big drinker) is:

(1) I don't get the lethargy, couldn't be fu*ked to do anything more that I get with alcohol;

(2) I don't get the quick up and down roller-coaster effect that comes with alcohol;

(3) I wake up with an elevated mood, looking forward to the day, rather than dragging my ass out of bed, feeling down.

How about you?
Yes! I was just thinking #2 yesterday. While the effect isn't as strong with kava, it's far more even and long-lasting for me. I was abusing alcohol mainly because I was unable to get to a nice place and stay there, I'd drink too much trying to get to a buzz and more and more trying to hold it then suddenly I'm smashed, with no control, and a really crummy day ahead of me.
I couldn't have plotted out my own feelings any better, those three points are perfect for me. If I were to add anything I would say that the process of making kava causes me to respect it more than I respected alcohol. I can't just pop open a bottle and down it, I have to take care in the preparation of it, and be attentive to fully tune in and enjoy the feeling. 
It's complex and individually unique kava by kava as well, so it's more of a hobby than a habit.
Another thing that I like about kava compared to alcohol is how quickly I feel it. With alcohol the first drink does nothing to me, the first bottle even. With kava, and I don't know if this is mental or actually true feeling, I feel it almost immediately when the first drink goes down (with good kavas anyway).
I also feel like I can put a kava in the fridge and be done at a certain point. With alcohol I had a nasty habit of drinking until it was gone. If I bought a bottle of wine, I would finish it. If I bought a six pack of beer, I'd have to pee a lot later but I'd pretty much finish that guy too.
Kava also suits my personality well, being natural, since I'm a nature-loving guy and that permeates a lot of the way I live.
Oh, and I won't get fat drinking kava. I gained a lot of weight when I started in on beer. It's gone now.

uuku pi

Kava Enthusiast
I like to make kava too. I just got some new stuff and the smell is so different from the other ones I had just finished drinking. I feel the kava right away too. the smell of this stuff is so sweet. Im soaking now so I thought I would look for a recipe. Also I feel more in control with kava. I feel I can make it stronger if I feel like it. Nothing in my life that I have ingested makes me feel so well. Off to squeeze:)