What's new

What is the general consensus on Kava extract?

The first kava I ended up trying was some 70% extract off Etsy, although I’m about 90% sure that it is not that potent. I got off all psych meds (was on 4) and have gone to kava instead of relying on Xanax to control my social anxiety and panic attacks. So far it works very well and has similar effects to Xanax without the fog, not as good for traumatic situations but I like it.

I started the first few days at about 0.4g every 4-5 hours, and now I’m closer to 0.7-0.8g per dose after about two weeks. There should be no way that I’m consuming 500+ mg of Kavalactones and getting pretty mild effects.

I know that everyone pretty much says making actual tea is the way to go, but as I’m using this for a medical purpose I do not always have the luxury and time to brew up a pot or whatever. I also have a weak stomach and do not like the thought of drinking cups of a foul liquid. Micronized is supposedly hard on your stomach and I suffer from IBS as well so that’s not really an option. Currently I fill my mouth with a strong flavored beverage, drop a small silicone dab container filled with the weighed out powder into my mouth, and quickly wash it down to get the taste out of my mouth. Works seemingly well, definitely numbs my mouth pretty well even from short term exposure.

Are there any more trusted brands that sell bulk extract at a reasonable price? I need it to be reasonably cost effective if possible but I’d be willing to spend more money if the product is more accurately labeled as far as potency.

Thanks for the help in advance guys, look forward to chatting with you folks from here on out

Last edited by a moderator:

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
for me and I have tried most of them by themselves they are ok but when you add them to a medium grind session you can feel it more thats my take

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
The first kava I ended up trying was some 70% extract off Etsy, although I’m about 90% sure that it is not that potent. I got off all psych meds (was on 4) and have gone to kava instead of relying on Xanax to control my social anxiety and panic attacks. So far it works very well and has similar effects to Xanax without the fog, not as good for traumatic situations but I like it.

I started the first few days at about 0.4g every 4-5 hours, and now I’m closer to 0.7-0.8g per dose after about two weeks. There should be no way that I’m consuming 500+ mg of Kavalactones and getting pretty mild effects.

I know that everyone pretty much says making actual tea is the way to go, but as I’m using this for a medical purpose I do not always have the luxury and time to brew up a pot or whatever. I also have a weak stomach and do not like the thought of drinking cups of a foul liquid. Micronized is supposedly hard on your stomach and I suffer from IBS as well so that’s not really an option. Currently I fill my mouth with a strong flavored beverage, drop a small silicone dab container filled with the weighed out powder into my mouth, and quickly wash it down to get the taste out of my mouth. Works seemingly well, definitely numbs my mouth pretty well even from short term exposure.

Are there any more trusted brands that sell bulk extract at a reasonable price? I need it to be reasonably cost effective if possible but I’d be willing to spend more money if the product is more accurately labeled as far as potency.

Thanks for the help in advance guys, look forward to chatting with you folks from here on out
The only one that comes to mind is root of happiness Polynesian gold